0.3.1: Shield_4_level_3 breaks Dryad guns

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

0.3.1: Shield_4_level_3 breaks Dryad guns

Post by enlightenment »

Under the current 0.3.1 Windows relase of VS, adding a shield_4_level_3 unit to the dryad.blank will prevent the ship's guns from recharging.

This problem can be worked-around by saving the game and replacing the line

Code: Select all

<Reactor recharge="20.000000" limit="140"/>
with

Code: Select all

<Reactor recharge="1000.000000" limit="1400"/>
in the unit savegame file.

Recharge values below 500 don't seem to help at all; a value of 1000 is required for the guns to work if one mounts an ECM unit in addition to the 4/3 shield.

I'm fairly new to Vegastrike so I'm not familiar enough with the source to figure out exactly what's going wrong here.
V4X3N Being Lazy

Ship Component Details

Post by V4X3N Being Lazy »

The ship upgrade/modification system is somewhat b()rken, in that you can load your ship up with upgrades which make it work worse, and aren't removable. This is a known issue, and one of these ages it will be dealt with - it has been at least tweaked for the next release, if not outright solved.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you gotta get a higher engine to compensate for the shields power drain

the upgrades aren't broken :-)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
V4X3N Being Lazy

Really?

Post by V4X3N Being Lazy »

When I mentioned problems on this topic nearing 2 months ago now, you said that there are some shield-mods which aren't removable, which are capable of sending your shield-recharge draw through the max of the best engine you can have.
This has been adjusted/fixed?
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

hellcatv wrote:you gotta get a higher engine to compensate for the shields power drain
I already tried to upgrade the engines on general principle but the upgrade ship interface won't cooperate. Engine_level_5 was reded-out ever since I bought the Dryad.

That save game has about 6 million credits so it's not a cash problem.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you may just need to lower your shield level so you have enough engine level to power it
engines can power up to one shield level higher than they are...
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/