v0.8.0 Music cannot be turned off

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
ThinkSome
Merchant
Merchant

v0.8.0 Music cannot be turned off

Post by ThinkSome »

In vegasettings there is a setting called "Music off", but this setting also turns off other sounds, such as voice messages (meh) and missile/target lock warnings(!).

This can be worked around by modifying ~/.vegastrike/vegastrike.config:
change

Code: Select all

<!-- #windows_ext_music_low -->
            <var name="music_volume" value=".25"/>
to

Code: Select all

<!-- #windows_ext_music_low -->
            <var name="music_volume" value=".0"/>
At least another person in IRC reports having this same issue.

The other issue is that I would like to keep sounds down to actual worry-some things, as acceleration with cargo takes long enough that I go do other IRL things in the mean while. This means that I would also like to turn off various voice chat messages (my chat is often spammed with "Alas Deucalion, we knew you not well enough" and other things that happen far away and do not affect me).
spam_000.png
What I'd like to keep are
1) Missile/target lock warnings
2) Jump ready sounds - perhaps with option to autojump when ready
and adding some sounds
1) hostile proximity warnings. The game seems to currently switch to "combat music". Perhaps that could be kept as an option or adding some alert sound track.
2) collision course warnings.. should trigger when you have <50% time left to divert course. E.g. if you are going to collide in 10s and only have 5s left to change course

Auto-approach and docking would be nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.