not able to upgrade reactor

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!

not able to upgrade reactor

Post by Guest »

hi!
i've been playing vegastrike for several hours and it's really fun! thank you!
concerning my problem: after i bought a franklin.blank i can only buy the cheapest reactor, all others are displayed in red although i could afford the others... but i'm always a little low on energy with the light reactor. then i changed back to the llama and - same problem - only the most basic reactor is available. so can i do something about it?
gazzy
Hunter
Hunter

Post by gazzy »

i had that too at the beginning... it seems that some ships can only be fitted with small reactors... :(

Post by Guest »

but i had equipped my llama with a medium reactor. i just sold it to see if i could buy a heavy reactor then. but from then on, there was only the cheapest light reactor available... :shock:
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

the franklin is known to need some rebalancing. That's a ship specific issue. I'd appreciate more details on what exactly the issue with your llama was. The llama should be able to accept most of the light and medium category reactors. By not available, are you saying that the item was present but could not be purchased, or was simply not present?

Post by Guest »

jackS wrote:[...] By not available, are you saying that the item was present but could not be purchased, or was simply not present?
the former.
gazzy
Hunter
Hunter

Post by gazzy »

Anonymous wrote:but i had equipped my llama with a medium reactor. i just sold it to see if i could buy a heavy reactor then. but from then on, there was only the cheapest light reactor available... :shock:
thats weird... :?

Post by Guest »

that's why i posted it to the bug triage forum...
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

Try selling off some of your reactor capacitance...maybe that bumped you over the limit of a medium reactor
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

Post by Guest »

i sold everything directly related to the reactor already (capacitance, multi gun cooler etc...) but i can only buy the cheapest light reactor [(i think it's level 0); none of the other light reactors can be bought...] maybe i will have to buy a .milspec ship that comes with a better reactor pre-installed :?:
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

hmm no you should be *able* to upgrade your reactor...
try sending your savegame to ministerofinformation atsignt gmail.com

since jacks balanced the ship maybe he can figure out why it doesnt' quite work right

atsignt=@

savegames are in .vegastrike/serialized_xml and .vegastrike/save
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
idfx

similar reactor problem

Post by idfx »

V.4.2 windows:

I've run into a similar problem, only I hit a wall after reactor
level 4. All kinds of other reactors show up in the "buy" list, but
all in red. I've tried selling off my reactors and re-buying them,
but that didn't help. I haven't yet tried ditching capacitors, but I'll
give it a go.

What's odd is that this is consistent across all of my ships, which
includes: Goddard, Hyena, Pacifier, Franklin, Llama, and Mule.

Also odd: I've hit the same limit on shields, topped out at level
4, also applied to all my ships. But each ship has different actual
shield values, apparently unrelated to the shield I have installed.
Huh?
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

I'm having this problem with a franklin now... in 0.4.3

Post by drinkypoo »

I bought the 1M credit version of the Franklin and can only mount the level 1 reactor. No other reactor can be purchased, whether I have the money or not. I can't tell from the other posts here if this is supposed to happen or not.

Do I need to upload my whole save game for help? I'm on a modem. Even gzipped it's 800kB. My connection is way unreliable and I don't know if I could even get it uploaded :P

I'm working on making the money to buy a franklin with a real reactor, as a workaround, but it's annoying :(
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

First of all, did you sell your reactor before trying to buy a new one?

Anyway, the beta release has a reworked upgrade system so it might be too late to do anything now.

As to uploading your saved game, what you would actually want is the file in serialized_xml with your savegame name...
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by drinkypoo »

ace123 wrote:First of all, did you sell your reactor before trying to buy a new one?
Sure. But the Franklin doesn't use a reactor, out of the box. The different grades (blank, heavy, whatever they are - IIRC there's three) have different reactor characteristics without mounting one.

Anyway I just went to SVN. I'm still not clear about the right way to execute it on Linux but I tried a hint in another forum post and I made ~/.vegastrike (I have the dir for 0.4.3 too) and then ran my vssetup while I was cd'd to that dir. Then I renamed the setup temp file and ran vegastrike, again while I was cd'd to ~/.vegastrike. This seems to be working okay, I can load and save and the dir has been populated.
jackandjill
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Reactor upgrade problem

Post by jackandjill »

Hi all!

Well this is my first post. i have been playing VS 4.3 for a month now.

I am having the same "Reactor upgrade" problem with my Llama. I am using this only ship (have not bought any other ship) and i upgraded my ships reactor from default (level 0) to level 3. But am not able to upgrade my reactor any further. (the usual show in red/pink color thing) Is there a bug that allows you to upgrade the reactor only once. I have not installed any capacitances yet. i can buy a lower reactor (lower than level 4) after selling my level 3 reactor but cant buy a heavy reactor. I wanted to buy level 5 reactor. its very frustrating:( Dont know what to do. I wanted to use two razor guns but at this reactor level i can use only 1 razor effectively.

Any replies or help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome jackandjill as ace123 asked did you sell the default one first but if i remember correctly the Llama is limited to 3 or 4 level reactor it is a small ship(shuttle actually) so that limit is reasonable :wink: the problem with the Franklin is/was the default reactor was useless and was not replaceable.Adding those capacitors should allow you to use those razors in tandem. :D I prefer the mass drivers 8) better range

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2