0.4.2 Win Installer is in French (not that I mind)

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Nevita
Merchant
Merchant

0.4.2 Win Installer is in French (not that I mind)

Post by Nevita »

I just downloaded the new Windows installer, and noticed that much of it is in French. Given that I speak and read french, it's no big deal, but it might be ttroublesome for others.
A quick summary of my graduate research: walk into wall, back up a step, repeat.
IxianMace
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by IxianMace »

I can't read or understand a word of French, but I breezed through the installation process probably due to the fact that I was familiar with the installation program and guessed what everything meant.

I agree that it could be a problem for people who are new to the game or aren't familiar with installation programs though.
Nevita
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nevita »

IxianMace wrote:[color=green
I agree that it could be a problem for people who are new to the game or aren't familiar with installation programs though.[/color]
Bingo. This is a little OT, but I once had to install a game (bought from WalMart) with the installer in German. I followed it pretty well until it crapped out with a nasty-looking error message. I had to hunt down a German dictionary to even get a guess at what it was. That was fun :x

I guess my point is that as long as it goes error-free, it won't be a problem. That's not an "if" I'm overly fond of, though.
A quick summary of my graduate research: walk into wall, back up a step, repeat.