Errors and Warning

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
PaulB
Merchant
Merchant

Errors and Warning

Post by PaulB »

Can anyone help with these in stdout.txt?

Showing splash screen!
Launching bases for Crucible/Cephid_17
Python Upgrade Error: finding upgrades/Sensors/Light using upgrades/Sensors instead
Python Upgrade Error: finding upgrades/Sensors/Light using upgrades/Sensors instead
Adding news
finding nonloaded quest
quest_tutorial
finding quest
quest_tutorial
nonpfact
Processing News
Compiling python module bases/launch_music.py
Compiling python module modules/dj.py
SERIOUS WARNING in AI script: no fast method to perform afterburn evade when type 15 is at least -340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000 and at most 0.300000 with priority 6.000000 for 6.000000 time
SERIOUS WARNING in AI script: no fast method to perform afterburn evade when type 10 is at least -340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000 and at most 0.500000 with priority 6.000000 for 7.000000 time
SERIOUS WARNING in AI script: no fast method to perform afterburn evade when type 7 is at least -340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000 and at most 0.300000 with priority 6.000000 for 7.000000 time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ship destroyed-no flightgroup
*** Python Warning 21!
*** Python Warning 22!
*** Python Warning 23!
*** Python Warning 24!
*** Python Warning 25!
*** Python Warning 26!
*** Python Warning 27!
*** Python Warning 28!
*** Python Warning 29!
*** Python Warning 30!
*** Python Warning 31!
*** Python Warning 32!
*** Python Warning 33!
*** Python Warning 34!
*** Python Warning 35!
*** Python Warning 36!
*** Python Warning 37!
*** Python Warning 38!
*** Python Warning 39!
*** Python Warning 40!
*** Python Warning 41!
*** Python Warning 42!
*** Python Warning 43!
*** Python Warning 44!
*** Python Warning 45!
*** Python Warning 46!
*** Python Warning 47!
======================================
And these are from stderr.txt:

Well there are a lot so I'll just upload the file...

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warpnoob
Trader
Trader

Re: Errors and Warning

Post by warpnoob »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Murphy's law has been proven once again.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Honestly, the "Python Upgrade Error" is a non-error. Not sure why it's worded like it's the end of the world. It does suggest it's an issue with the recent rebalance. Time to grep for Sensors/Light
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
PaulB
Merchant
Merchant

Post by PaulB »

If anyone is getting warning tracebacks and debug errors like the following I think I have a solution (if not THE solution).

Code: Select all

Warning Traceback 47:
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\missions\privateer.py", line 34, in Execute
    i.Execute()
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\random_encounters.py", line 288, in Execute
    dynamic_battle.UpdateCombatTurn()
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 34, in UpdateCombatTurn
    if (not SimulateBattles()):
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 215, in SimulateBattles
    if (not attackFlightgroup (ally[0],ally[1],enemy[0],enemy[1],enemy[2])):
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 565, in attackFlightgroup
    SimulatedDukeItOut (fgname,faction,enfgname,enfaction)
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 448, in SimulatedDukeItOut
    ApplyDamage(enfgname,enfaction,enemy,envictim,enstats,HowMuchDamage(ally,vsrandom.uniform(0,enstats[1])),fgname,faction)
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 418, in HowMuchDamage
    stats=faction_ships.GetStats(i[0])
  File "C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\modules\faction_ships.py", line 578, in GetStats
    debug.error( 'cannot find '+name)
For every occurrance where there is the Message: cannot find {some-shipname} and where the last entry was in line 578 in faction_ships.py I edited the faction_ships.py file and in the section starting stattableexp= I added (in the appropriate alphabetic location) the missing {some-shipname} (in the example above it was Charillus) by copying as best as I could determine one of the existing appropriate entries and changing it's shipname to the missing name.
I tried to do this by:
(1) was there already a similar name such as Charillus.{something-else} like charillus.stock or .civvie, etc., and coping that, or if not, then
(2) looking in units.csv at the {some-shipname} and trying to find another ship with similar parameters that does also have an entry in the faction_ships.py stattableexp= section and copying that and using it.

I have done that for 3 such "missing" ships and I think (so far at least) have not gotten any more errors for those ships - had at one point the stderr.txt file was some 2meg in size from those warnings/errors.
Paul
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

That's an aeran ship, hope you copied an aeran ship at least ;)
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
PaulB
Merchant
Merchant

Post by PaulB »

klauss wrote:That's an aeran ship, hope you copied an aeran ship at least ;)
I could see nothing to tell me what faction ship it was so I used the Combat_Role type which was Support to copy another - Cultivator and for the Entourage I used the Llama entry, and I think the other one I did was Gleaner and used Mule - since I had seen another use #dupe of Mule FIXME

Any ideas on the other warnings I still get in stdout.txt?

Code: Select all

SERIOUS WARNING in AI script: no fast method to perform afterburn evade when type 15 is at least -340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000 and at most 0.300000 with priority 6.000000 for 6.000000 time
SERIOUS WARNING in AI script: no fast method to perform afterburn evade when type 10 is at least -340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000 and at most 0.500000 with priority 6.000000 for 7.000000 time
SERIOUS WARNING in AI script: no fast method to perform afterburn evade when type 7 is at least -340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000 and at most 0.300000 with priority 6.000000 for 7.000000 time
And are the following normal? do they simplay mean that the are AI's killing off each other (there are some 60+ of them) in the last output I looked at?

Paul