0.5.1.r1: cloaking device unobtainable

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
maze
Hunter
Hunter

0.5.1.r1: cloaking device unobtainable

Post by maze »

In the version I have (0.5.1.r1 obtained from a .deb repository), the cloaking device is unobtainable.

The reason is that it's callsed cloaking_device01 in units.cvs, BUT it is called cloaking_device in the master_part_list.csv. No matter how many reasearch stations you roam, you'll never get one.

So I fixed that,
and I increased the average quantity of research stations from .8;.1;-18;28 to .8.1;1000000;5, and now it shows up...
but it's in red so I can't mount it on my ship.

Might have something to do with shield leak I remember reading about this in another thread. Will try to fix that now.
maze
Hunter
Hunter

Re: 0.5.1.r1: cloaking device unobtainable

Post by maze »

So it seems there's actually two bugs: first you can never find the cloaking device, then even if you could find it, then you could never buy it. Of course, either of both of them might actually be features, you never know.

But it you overcome both, the cloak seems to work fine (though for some reason I ignore it appears in pink in my upgrades listing at the upgrade computer, instead of the usual white or yellow).
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

No where for sale, and it introduces a shield leak and so is seen as an impossible downgrade. nothing a little tweaking in the units.csv file can't fix.
maze
Hunter
Hunter

Post by maze »

Correct.

I don't think either of these were intended as limitations, so it's probably something to be fixed.