Asteroid military base

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Mr. Fahrenheit
Trader
Trader

Asteroid military base

Post by Mr. Fahrenheit »

I think there's an issue with the current model for the asteroid military base. Whenever I dock, there's no problem (generally I aim for the 'middle' docking point), but when launching, the base is generally invisible, and I end up bouncing out of the thing unless I am extremely careful to line up with visible architecture. It appears that during launch the ship is oriented towards the interior of the base, even though there's nothing to see.

Other games I've messed with, that usually happens when there's a hole in the model or something has messed up so that you're 'behind' clip planes or some such. Since I am fairly ignorant or how VS is doing things, I'll just leave it at waving my hands around a lot and saying there seems to be a problem.

Let me know if you need any more information.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Asteroid military base

Post by klauss »

This would happen if the docking port lays slightly inside the model, you could dock, because you can reach the docking zone from the outside, but you would re-spawn inside the base.

Will have to check.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Maybe auto-turning makes the ship collide and it bounces inside? Try to set undock_turn_away to "false" in config?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Mr. Fahrenheit
Trader
Trader

Post by Mr. Fahrenheit »

I'll try and configure that when I next play.

To try and clarify, when I launch and the ship is motionless, I am already 'in trouble'. I can successfully turn the ship in all directions (spin on axis without forward/backward motion) but without extreme caution, rather than flying out of the station, you fly into the unseen sides of the station/asteroid.