Fixer Missions error

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
AVBJim
Merchant
Merchant

Fixer Missions error

Post by AVBJim »

Using SVN 13190

The Fixers in the bars are still giving wrong missions sometimes. A Confed officer wants you to deliver pirate cargo or to kill a confed/allied ship. Merchants and Bounty hunters offering system scans for authorities. Since the updating to recent SVNs, the Pirate fixer hasn't been seen. Sometimes, two of the Fixers are offering the same mission.

Also, when I take a mission from one of them, the starting system for the mission is often many systems away. Example, I take a scan mission. The mission states- Jump to system X as the first step in the mission, but system X is 10 jumps away from the system I am currently in. The fixers also keep offering the same missions in every system until the game is restarted or you finally get far enough away to generate a new mission. It appears, but I cannot confirm, that the starting point for each mission is the first system where the mission was randomly generated or at a system where the mission should of been offered.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Fixer Missions error

Post by pyramid »

I'll take a look. Please open a bug on tracker.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Fixer Missions error

Post by CLoneWolf »

Apart from the mentioned "fixermix", allied (from the player's POV) kills proposed by a Confed officer in a scan/cleansweep mission have always been there, as long as you dock in systems owned by factions at war with those allies (e.g. Aera); that's because there are no military equivalent fixers for the other factions, or at least, none I've ever seen.

I wonder if the code already supports local military fixers and falls back on the Confed in their absence, or if it'd need to be changed for that, once some artists provide such fixers...