No sensors on sale in SVN

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
echoes91
Trader
Trader

No sensors on sale in SVN

Post by echoes91 »

Hello, I compiled and tried the SVN under Linux some days ago and I noticed that sensors can't be found anywhere in the whole universe ( :roll: ok... in all the systems I visited) , even after generating a new one. Today I upgraded to rev. 13178 and they still don't appear, so I asked myself if it was wanted or not... Anyway, the Skyscope Alpha is still provided with any new ship, so the bug regards only the updates.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: No sensors on sale in SVN

Post by klauss »

Weird, I have a savegame at home that shows sensors available all over the place.

I will start a new game (in case the old savegame somehow compensates for the bug) and try to reproduce it.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

We lost the required sensor categories to be available on planets with the svn revision 13165 commit of units.csv.

Now planets list:

Code: Select all

{upgrades/Sensors/Confed;1;.1;-12;17}{upgrades/Sensors/Common;1;.1;20;6}
But the sensor upgrades are in the categories:

Code: Select all

{upgrades/Sensors/Advanced;1;.1;-12;17}{upgrades/Sensors/Basic;1;.1;20;6}{upgrades/Sensors/Intermediate;1;.1;9;8}
We could revert to the previous version or better fix the upgrades sections in all planets that were changed. 16 planets were changed and many of the stations, though a quick scan didn't reveal any wrong categories on stations.

On a side note: an asset editor would be really helpful in editing units and cross checking e.g. categories.

*EDIT*
Actually, installations are affected, too. :evil:
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

breese
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by breese »

pyramid wrote:Bug tracker artifact 3267978 was created.
Something was lost in my original submission of the new radars. I reapplied that to units.csv in r13165, but unfortunately forgot to apply the same change to master_part_list.csv. I have fixed that in r13180.

You can find the rationale for the change in the reorganizing the radars thread.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Ok. I wasn't aware of the re-categorization of sensors. In this case it might be required to adapt ship_upgrades.py in order for dynamically generated units to get those upgrades, too, according to your newly devised classes.
echoes91
Trader
Trader

Post by echoes91 »

It's so good to see that after just one day there's a new rev. with the issue corrected. I've rarely seen such a fast developer's response, especially on an open source videogame. Great work guys! I'd really like to contribute but my skills are too limited for a project like this :oops:
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

The categories in ship_upgrades.py are now aligned with the other files.