Strange SPEC problems.

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
dubsteppin
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Strange SPEC problems.

Post by dubsteppin »

Hey guys. I just dled and installed the game a little while ago, and am following the tutorial. I left Atlantis, made it to the Serenity Mining Station. I did the whole selling cargo and buying more. This is where my problem comes in. I undock from Serenity, and I scroll through my targets and set it back to Atlantis. I then press A. As soon as I press a to go into SPEC, my cursor goes haywire and points somewhere else entirely, and just sits there. It says that SPEC is engaged, but it isn't. It does NOT change my target from atlantis though...it only moves my screen away from where I have it centered on atlantis, and then doesn't move anywhere.

Anyone familiar with this, or am I just doing something completely wrong, being the nOOb that I am?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Strange SPEC problems.

Post by klauss »

What version and OS are you using?

SVN? 0.5.0?

Windows? Linux?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Strange SPEC problems.

Post by CLoneWolf »

It seems all fine to me. Consider that SPEC can't happen when you're close to significant masses; the bigger the mass, the bigger the distance of interference (eventual canon ninjas spare me, this is how I perceive it from a player's perspective :roll: )

So, when you engage your autopilot towards a target, the computer sets a course that rarely points straight to your target; its first goal is to bring you out of the gravity well ASAP. Besides, since you're still under that mass' influence, your SPEC is on but the speed won't increase beyond your normal combat/travel speed until you're out of the gravity well.

The only downside I found in this is that the autopilot doesn't use afterburners, so what I usually do is:
- engage autopilot and let the autopilot point me in the optimal direction for gravity well escaping
- disengage it, keep that direction and afterburn for a while
- engage autopilot again once I'm free