permanent missions

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!

permanent missions

Postby energyman76b » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:51 am

Hi,

I have a problem with missions. I accept them, I fullfill them and get paid. They are not shown in game anymore. I land, save game, load game - the mission is back.

How do I get rid of these zombies? Just deleting the lines results in a ship without enhancements and weapons - not fun.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member
 
Posts: 445
Topics: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:04 am

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg

Re: permanent missions

Postby klauss » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:52 pm

I've been experiencing this too.

In my case, it was a case of savegame corruption. Fixed the bug that caused corruption, and it never happened again.

But I couldn't get rid of the original offender. There's some variable in the config file that has to be changed, but since it's such a humongus file and since I don't remember exactly what variable it is, I never got around to it.

If it happens with the latest SVN (linux), then it might be something else.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
User avatar
klauss
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 7243
Topics: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:40 am
Location: LS87, Buenos Aires, República Argentina

Re: permanent missions

Postby pheonixstorm » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:22 am

This has been creeping up on me as well. Its not all the time.. but it can be annoying.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
User avatar
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 1567
Topics: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: permanent missions

Postby energyman76b » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:35 am

SVN from yesterday, checkout, built, started a new, clean game.
Flow a bit.
Accepted the Jenek mission.
Saved after completing it.
Reload savegame: BAM it's back.

So the bug is not fixed at all.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member
 
Posts: 445
Topics: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:04 am

Re: permanent missions

Postby klauss » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 pm

To me, it alwasy happened with random missions.

It may be that the campaign (Janek's mission) has bugs of its own that manifest similarly.

If you'd be so kind as to create an item in the bug tracker with your savegame attached so we can diagnose?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
User avatar
klauss
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 7243
Topics: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:40 am
Location: LS87, Buenos Aires, República Argentina

Re: permanent missions

Postby energyman76b » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:08 pm

klauss wrote:To me, it alwasy happened with random missions.

It may be that the campaign (Janek's mission) has bugs of its own that manifest similarly.

If you'd be so kind as to create an item in the bug tracker with your savegame attached so we can diagnose?


will do in the next couple of days. :)
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member
 
Posts: 445
Topics: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:04 am

Re: permanent missions

Postby energyman76b » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:22 am

I just added a bug - and I can't see it in the tracker ??? is sourceforge that f* slow or broken?
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member
 
Posts: 445
Topics: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:04 am

Re: permanent missions

Postby klauss » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 am

SF has been through a lot of changes, I've noticed things breaking and getting fixed quite frequently these last few days.

Anyway, I just found the bug today, and committed a fix :D

Yay... I manaed to track the bug to a very old revision, so this is a long standing bug finally fixed. It feels... :cry: so great... those are tears of joy...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
User avatar
klauss
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 7243
Topics: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:40 am
Location: LS87, Buenos Aires, República Argentina

Re: permanent missions

Postby charlieg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:43 am

klauss wrote:Anyway, I just found the bug today, and committed a fix :D

Yay... I manaed to track the bug to a very old revision, so this is a long standing bug finally fixed. It feels... :cry: so great... those are tears of joy...


charlieg likes this
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
User avatar
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary
 
Posts: 1328
Topics: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:51 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: permanent missions

Postby energyman76b » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:45 am

klauss wrote:SF has been through a lot of changes, I've noticed things breaking and getting fixed quite frequently these last few days.

Anyway, I just found the bug today, and committed a fix :D

Yay... I manaed to track the bug to a very old revision, so this is a long standing bug finally fixed. It feels... :cry: so great... those are tears of joy...


I will checkout later. Thank you very much. :D
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member
 
Posts: 445
Topics: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:04 am



Return to Bug Triage

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron