All AI weapons 100% phase? (0.5.0 Stable - WinXP)

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Dark Angel
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

All AI weapons 100% phase? (0.5.0 Stable - WinXP)

Post by Dark Angel »

I have downloaded VegaStrike recently (have played it earlier) on my laptop (just 1.5 GHz Celeron, WinXP, s**tty 32MB on-board graphics card).

After trading for a while, I've finally got some weapons and went for a few bounty missions. I noticed that no matter what the enemy is or what weapons they use, they always bypass my shields, causing damage straight to my armor, then hull.

First I thought they have weapons with phase damage, but those damage the shields as well, don't they?

I tried hacking weapon_list.xml, removing phase damage from all weapons to see if that's the case, but it's still happening... (The hack worked, though - no more phase damage, at least in weapon descriptions)

Anyone has any ideas? Maybe my framerate's too low (~15 in fights)...?

Tried cheating for a better ship, and with a Lancelot with XV shields, PolyDuranium armor, X reactor and XV capacitor it felt like God Mode, I didn't get damaged at all...

If I can't fix this, I guess I'll dump the shield generator, as it's useless anyway... At least I'll have less inertia... :x