Cannot change screen resolution or turn off music

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
zeratul
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Cannot change screen resolution or turn off music

Post by zeratul »

This post might be relevant here too:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?t=15131

Help appreciated
safemode
Developer
Developer

Re: Cannot change screen resolution or turn off music

Post by safemode »

Well, i dont know what version you guys are using that you can't turn off music, but vssetup turns off the music on my setup just fine. Music is a separate option from "sound". I've never had a problem changing resolutions either. though i've never bothered with a tv setup to see if it's limited to non-standard resolutions that aren't matching anything in the config. (i dont think you can select an arbitrary res in the config, it has to be one of a list). but i'm at work and dont have it right in front of me.

I know in past versions, there was a problem where vssetup would write values to the wrong config file and the game would use the correct one, which was never updated so it seemed as though changes in vssetup had no effect in the game. I think vssetup wrote to the data dir's master config file while the userdir had a clean config file that never got written to. This was fixed later so that vssetup always only wrote to the userdir and the game should detect that one first and use it rather than the master config file. I'd just double check that the userdir config file has the appropriate changes you made in vssetup applied.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.