Bug? Intended?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Bug? Intended?

Post by eracc »

So, I finally took my Clydesdale out for a spin just to say I did. I was flying the route from Sol system back to Cephid 17 and going through jump points just fine. My relations with ALL factions was either 100 or near 100. So, no reason for an AI to suicide on my Clyde. I was nearing another jump point and some small distance from it two AI ships slammed into my Clyde annihilating themselves. They were from different factions, each of whom I had a 100 relation with. Of course this dropped ALL my faction relations down to around 80 and some were darn near zero. As one of the AI ships was an ULN Citizen that faction went TO zero. Which sucks because that is a loss of a LOT of time with F1 spam. :(

So, is the AI so stupid it cannot avoid a freaking huge Clydesdale heading toward a jump point at it's speedy 88? Or is it that this is intended to happen occasionally to make players grit their teeth and consider quitting? :P Anyone want to tell me the config setting for "make the AI smart enough to avoid a gigantic ship"? ;)
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Bug? Intended?

Post by Fendorin »

i had the same feeling : yes the AI is not so smart

About coding i have no idea
but often the Ai don't consider ...your strenghnest but like previous i don't think it consider a lot
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Bug? Intended?

Post by athomic1 »

Yeah, I don't think the AI puts a lot of effort into collision avoidance. (Collision ATTEMPTS, on the other hand... :roll: ) This is why the system turns off collisions for AI ships trying to dock, and why you should approach those docking points with care. Never know when one of those buggers'll come to dock from INSIDE the station! :x

Jump gates are especially risky, especially when they got veritable clouds of ships buzzing around. Even when they're not, you always run the risk of knocking into something on the way through. I've had THAT happen at least three or four times, and probably owe my survival to the MASSIVE shielding I tend to go with. Hate to think what must have happened to the other guy... Truth to tell, I'm sort of surprised it doesn't happen more often, but I'm not gonna complain about THAT! :mrgreen: