Ships that do not exist

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Coraxus
Merchant
Merchant

Ships that do not exist

Post by Coraxus »

I've noticed that on my roster list of ships affiliated with missions, those that do not have a number assigned to them do not exist. In some cases there are duplicates as well. I also noticed that if you successfully scan some random target which the mission lists as objectives, then land somewhere to check the status of your mission, non-existing ships will have a -100%. All in all, this is annoying as I can't complete this mission, anyone know what's going on?
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Ships that do not exist

Post by RedAdder »

I had something similar with non-ship scan targets.
The dynamic universe changed during my docking, renaming and reassigning some targets I had not completed yet.
Coraxus
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Coraxus »

Also, which reminds me, in those clean sweeping missions, even if let's say I completed half the scanned items on the list, if I tried to save and then reload the game, the mission progress doesn't get saved, and on top of that, the items changes to different targets.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Mission status is never saved and it is done that way by design sorry.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Coraxus
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Coraxus »

So if I had to scan 8 planets and I scanned 4, land somewhere, save again, then reload, I'd have to scan those 4 again, making me having to scan 12 times? Ouch -.-
Zolk
Trader
Trader

Post by Zolk »

Then the design is faulty. It's hard enough to be able to save only when docked, but then everything should be saved, especially mission status.
happy space flight

Zolk

It is nice to be important but more important to be nice
Varch
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Varch »

Then the design is faulty. It's hard enough to be able to save only when docked, but then everything should be saved, especially mission status.
The design is faulty, indeed! I have been repeatedly tortured by cargo missions that cannot be completed, for one reason or another, or that cannot be completed in reasonable time. When I have to wait 15 minutes for a jump point to move away and come back, that is a terrible waste of player time. I do not have eight hour stretches of time in which to complete one single mission. I make it a point to stop at some planet or station every couple of jumps just to save. This seems to work OK, sometimes, and I can resume a mission later by reloading a named save. Except that in some cases data seems to get lost, with sometimes disastrous implications for my poor self.

I vote with those who would improve the save functionality, expecially because Vega Strike is currently what should be considered "alpha" condition at best, buggy at the very least. If we have no way to recover from bug traps, what's the point or joy of playing?