VS Bug

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
ShadowOblivion
Merchant
Merchant

VS Bug

Post by ShadowOblivion »

I don't know where to really post this.. but here goes.

I was going about my business in this Rlaan system, trading for some credits in my Plowshare when I was attacked by a pirate Corvette. Naturally, I picked up some speed and let loose my Dumbfire missiles upon it.. only to notice that they had apparently struck an Uln Gleaner which was rapidly spinning about. Things got stranger after the Corvette was obliterated by the in-system authorities. I went in to salvage the stuff the Corvette had dropped when the Gleaner rapidly approached me. I didn't think it was angry, because it wasn't locked onto me, but then its turrets opened up and in short order I was in an escape pod... that it then tried to ram! But, instead of splattering on it, I passed through it! Thinking I'd cut into its severely damaged hull with my HandLaser( :lol: I know), I attacked, after all, I had little to lose! This made it angry again, so the turrets fired upon me, and... I ejected again, and again! It seemed that no matter how many times I died(3), I'd simply eject from my escape pod in another pod!
The signal is calling! Our planet is falling!
ShadowOblivion
Merchant
Merchant

Re: VS Bug

Post by ShadowOblivion »

There also seems to be a discrepancy in the ships in-game with the communications module. For example, a Pirate Hyena was just destroyed, but the game says Ship destroyed: pirates:Corvette: Jinny Squadron-1. This seems to happen very often.
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

Whahaha ejecting in a escape pod... from a escape pod?! Now that is something that made me laugh.
ShadowOblivion wrote:Pirate Hyena was just destroyed, but the game says Ship destroyed: pirates:Corvette: Jinny Squadron-1. This seems to happen very often.
Well, sometimes a ship is destroyed at the other side of the system, every so often. Maybe you misinterpreted it...? Probably, me thinks. But lets see other users comments :P

Moving thread to bug triage.
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
ShadowOblivion
Merchant
Merchant

Post by ShadowOblivion »

Ah, MC707, I see where this is going... I'll be paying the Bug Triage some more visits soon, no doubt. This particular game that I described is still rolling(I made it to the planet I was near and got into my Llama, speaking of which. the escape pod now shows up as a ship in my fleet! but unfortunately I can't pilot or use it anymore), so I assume some data would come in handy? A screen shot, perhaps?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

BTW you can sell that escape pod and it's pilot IIRC

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ShadowOblivion
Merchant
Merchant

Post by ShadowOblivion »

loki1950, I can't really, for it's not in my cargo roster(and that's me we're talking about selling!), but in My Fleet. I could make a screenshot to show you.
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by athomic1 »

ShadowOblivion wrote:loki1950, I can't really, for it's not in my cargo roster(and that's me we're talking about selling!), but in My Fleet. I could make a screenshot to show you.
Right, so you go to the ship dealer, and sell the pod there. Yeah, it tells you you're selling a pilot into slavery, yadda yadda, but that's not really what you're doing. :wink:

By the way, does anyone know whether you actually get any black marks for buying or selling any sort of contraband?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

No black marks as it would depend on the local system laws and there is currently no check for that.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by athomic1 »

Ahh... well... I could see that getting complicated, when it does... :shock:

Well, I hope, by then, it's a little more clearly acceptable to sell off your ejection pod. :wink: