Ridiculously fast llama?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Mantarni
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Ridiculously fast llama?

Post by Mantarni »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...

I still have my starting llama, moderately upgraded (read: I've installed virtually everything hardware-related that was white that I can afford), and its max speed gets to be 144,000 (the numbers on the right hand side). This is when it was normally 1,440. I'm not sure if it's something I press or not, but it appears kind of randomly when I enter then leave a base and stays like that.

It's actually a hassle flying that fast, I end up overshooting my target in 2 seconds and spend the next 5-10 minutes facing backwards, circling the solar system trying to re-align myself and my momentum; just now I got money for a bounty mission by overshooting my target (without the 'a' key on!) and skidding backwards for ~500k kilometers trying to get back to him, until a government ship passed by and wiped it out for me. I know that I can manually set the speed lower, but it's a hassle to do that every time I leave a trading place.

I should note that I got this from the old release via terminal, and right now I'm getting the newest version downloaded.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Ridiculously fast llama?

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Mantarni from your description you are in flight mode where there in no cap on velocity :wink: hit the "y" key to toggle back to combat mode where the cap is 1440 KM/hour and also from your description you are indeed using our old 0.4.3 release in the new 0.5 release the displayed velocity is in meters/sec so the numbers will be different again but the actual velocity remains the same and there is now an auto pilot function for in system SPEC that drops out about 2500 meters from your target and a bit further if you have lots of cargo on board.Have fun with the new version and if you have any questions or problems just post 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2