invalid enumerant and some unsupported things

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
thomas2
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

invalid enumerant and some unsupported things

Post by thomas2 »

hi there,

i'v encountered VesaStrike and definitely want to give it a try, but unfortunately it refuses to start.

Installation went without a problem (besides some warnings during the make process); i followed
the "HowTo:Checkout SVN (Ubuntu Linux)" from the Mediawiki.

When i try to start VegaStrike with the console via ./vegastrike like mentioned in the Wiki, it
starts, display an initial image for some time and then falls back to the console and i get the
following:

Code: Select all

OpenGL::GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array unsupported
OpenGL::GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays unsupported
OpenGL::Accurate_Fog_Distance unsupported
OpenGL::Generic_Texture_Compression unsupported
OpenGL::S3TC_Texture_Compression unsupported

(couple of following OpenGLs are supported)

Error Code: invalid enumerant
Error: 2001: Syntax error

Vertex program error: failed to compile default
OpenGL::EXTColorTable unsupported
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
Is it just possible that the graphic card does not support that stuff? I'm trying that on the
following machine:

MSI Wind Netbook
Ubunty Netbook Jaunty Remix
Intel Atom @ 1.6GHz
1 GB RAM
1024x600 resolution (this can't be used fullscreen, right? I think i read somewhere that only
4:3 resolutions are supported)
Intel GMA950 graphics card

Thanks a lot
Thomas
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: invalid enumerant and some unsupported things

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Thomas check the setup utility you can use other that 4:3 resolutions and full screen at that i use 1440x900 :wink: That was added before the release of 0.5 but on your machine i would first turn off shader support because of this

Vertex program error: failed to compile default

and how much of that 1Gb is allocated for VRAM usage as VS hogs both normal RAM and VRAM
But these two maybe the stopper

OpenGL::Generic_Texture_Compression unsupported
OpenGL::S3TC_Texture_Compression unsupported
As we ship all the textures pre-compressed to DDS format you might get better mileage with the previous release 0.4.3 as the textures where not compressed at that point but lets see if we can get it running first :) so could you try using this to start the game next time

./vegastrike 2>vserr 1>vsout
that will pipe the terminal output to those two files please attach both to your next post as i need the full output to see where that seg fault is coming from there are a couple of guys that use Intel GPU's so that should not be a stopper but getting the options right may take a bit of tweaking besides i would love to get our beast working on a netbook 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
thomas2

Post by thomas2 »

Hi,

i tried again with no shader support and video on low detail, but it coredumped
again.

Attached are the two files you need.
Are there any more informations i can provide that might be helpful?

[edit] attached a text file with the output of glxinfo, maybe that's helpful as well.

thx
Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thomas2

Post by thomas2 »

heya,

is there anything i can provide additionally to solve the problem or am i just too impatient ? ;)
I've attached an output of glxinfo to my previous post, maybe there are some useful informations
in it.

Thanks
Thomas