"NO ROOMS" error in VS 0.5.0 after modifying campaign

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
crome
Explorer
Explorer

"NO ROOMS" error in VS 0.5.0 after modifying campaign

Post by crome »

Hello everybody,

I encountered a weird error while trying to write my own campaign. I used the main campaign as template and modified it so that my campaign would start with a patrol mission. And it worked. So I went on developing the campaign when I encountered the "NO ROOMS" error. I will spare you the details of the Bug-chase that finally led to the following code.

Version 1 (working):

Code: Select all

pmr    = CampaignClickNode()
#    pmr    = CampaignClickNode()

vs.Init(pmr) # the first node.
#    vs.Init(pmr) # the first node.
    MakeMission( .... )
Version 2 (NOT working):

Code: Select all

#    pmr    = CampaignClickNode()
    pmr    = CampaignClickNode()

#    vs.Init(pmr) # the first node.
    vs.Init(pmr) # the first node.
    MakeMission( .... )
As you can see both versions look indentical. After a long debugging session I noticed that the second line uses a tab for indentation instead of 4 spaces. After changing the tabulator to spaces it finally worked.
I don't know if this is old news for you - sorry for the redundancy in that case. However, I would be very gratefull if someone could provide me with some usefull links regarding documentation, known bugs, etc. I already search the VsWiki sites but that was pretty much useless - no offense, I know there are more pressing issues.

Thanks in advance
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: "NO ROOMS" error in VS 0.5.0 after modifying campaign

Post by loki1950 »

Firstly welcome crome the "NO ROOM" error happens a lot if you a scripting a campaign :wink: not seen much on this forum because we have not started scripting ours hat much still in the brainstorming stage (Hidden Forum)and waiting on a revision of the VS universe doc from the Minister of Information but it crops up quite often in the PU mod they have there own site when there is a syntax err in the python yours seems to be a typical white space err as python is kinda fussy with indentations and spaces.What editor are you using does it support syntax highlighting if not i would check out one of the Python IDE's don't code myself any longer still have to wrap my head around OOP properly so i'm stuck in the last generation of languages :lol: Forth anyone :wink: but to quickly check for obvious python errors i use the DrPython IDE on both windows and Linux it's a good IDE for Python beginners.Sorry i can't be more helpful but i hope a few of our members will chime in with some more info :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
crome
Explorer
Explorer

Post by crome »

Hello loki1950,

thanks for the quick response. I've done some research myself in the meantime and read something about indentation problems related to python.
What do you mean with 'revision of the VS universe' ? Will there be additional systems or will the relative location of the existing systems also change, e.g. cephid-17 will not be adjecant to 17-ar?
As for the editor, I am using Notepad++. I downloaded it specifically for the campaign tweaking.

BR
crome
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

That 'revision of the VS universe' is the history of the setting and and the various factions as for changing the relative positions no that is handled by milky_way.xml and the .system files for hand built systems currently only cephid-17 and Sol/Sol are hand built but i foresee some more for the faction home worlds all the other systems contents are generated by the dynamic universe function on first running he game.I also like Notepad++ but it's syntax highlighting for Python is kinda light :wink: which is why i recommended a full Python IDE.We are short on Python hackers ATM apart from the dev group that is but they mostly concentrate on the C++ side of things adding handles for all the python data side and adding features while trying to clean it up at the same time a real chore with our ten years of code.Hopefully one of the dev group will have time to chime in and clear somethings up for you.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2