strange behaviour

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
patton

strange behaviour

Post by patton »

Hi all,

I have a problem running VS 0.4.1 on linux.
I have compiled it and setup it manually (cuse the linux installer is not working
correctly).

The game starts. But when i try to lounch the ship, i get an help screen.
Behind th help screen there is the space moving but i cannot exit from the screen, so i cannot play. (i thought shift-M could work).

Any clues?

thank you.

I have a G550 as graphic card.
And athlon Xp 1900+ and 512MB.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

I have the same pb, shift M does not work, it might be defined soemwhere in vegastrike.config
I see dead polygons....
patton

Post by patton »

Is ti "shift-m" or "shift-M" ??
Is it case sensitive??
:?:
energyman
Merchant
Merchant

Post by energyman »

I don't know why, but a lot of key-combos are not working for me on linux (;][ etc), luckily shift-m works, sadly the card is total useless. What a small, chaotic mess of lines and circles.. rotating is ok, but what's about a zoom?
Painless
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Painless »

Is this perhaps a focus problem for you guys? i.e. do you have window focus set to switch on the mouse pointers movement and not a click on a window? Perhaps the focus is elsewhere?

Russ.
Life down here is just a strange illusion
patton

Post by patton »

mmm, not a windows focus to me.

the game does not want to start. I cannot send avay that info screen with
shift-m.

dunno why.
energyman
Merchant
Merchant

Post by energyman »

I am playing fullscreen, and I can fly and fight normal. Only some of the more obscure key-combos are not working. Maybe something is hardcoded to us-keyboards?

And, if I touch CAPS LOCK while holding TAB speed goes against -infinity (well -3000 was the worst). This can not turned off. I can get speed to 0 by pressing backspace all the time, or to positive speeds with TAB again, but it is very annoying.

Post by Guest »

i did not understand either how to put VS in full-screen mode.

the vssetup does not give me that option.
And into the vegastrike.config there is no option fullscreen.

Post by Guest »

Vssetup should list fullscreen mode under the color options. If it doesn't, your config file is probably invalid. Try to replace it with the standard version for 4.x.
The shift-M key problem can also be caused by a vegastrike.config file for an pre-4.x version. If you have one, move it out of the path or delete it, and replace it with the standard version for 4.x.
bearclaw
Trader
Trader

map zoom

Post by bearclaw »

Yeah, keeping a .vegastrike from older versions is a bad thing to do, best is to move it somewhere else and run vsinsall.

You can zomm the map: hold mouse button 3 and move the mouse.

P.S: maybe it is related. Sometimes I can't move the mouse anymore, I juste press shift-M once or twice and it goes back to normal