Long mission - hard to complete

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Long mission - hard to complete

Post by RedAdder »

The confeds hate me, so I tried starting a mission for them.

It was scanning 7 nav points and killing pirates. I scanned all 7 nav points(with the confeds hunting me during it), but it seems I didn't complete killing all the pirates, whose objective was invisible to me, because the list of objectives already was so long, I guess.

Then I had to restart the game, because entering and scanning the nebula broke the text displays - all of them started to scroll.

Now I find I still have the mission, but the nav points have changed and I have to scan them again :-(
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Long mission - hard to complete

Post by loki1950 »

Just abort the mission at any base and the next time you might find these key bindings handy for tracking down that last bogey

Code: Select all

<bind key="N" modifier="alt" command="ReverseMissionTargetKey" />
	<bind key="n" modifier="alt" command="MissionTargetKey" />
Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by RedAdder »

Ah yes, these hot keys are very useful.
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

RedAdder wrote:The confeds hate me, so I tried starting a mission for them.

It was scanning 7 nav points and killing pirates. I scanned all 7 nav points(with the confeds hunting me during it), but it seems I didn't complete killing all the pirates, whose objective was invisible to me, because the list of objectives already was so long, I guess.
pgup/pgdown scrolls the objective list, along with your other HUD lists.
Now I find I still have the mission, but the nav points have changed and I have to scan them again :-(
Yeah, saves don't record mission progress. :(
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by RedAdder »

Well, I actually think saves DO report mission progress, but since part of the mission or universe is generated randomly, the recorded list doesn't match up with the current mission objectives.