undocking inside the station model

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
burkshifter
Trader
Trader

undocking inside the station model

Post by burkshifter »

I've noticed--and this especially happens with the Asteroid Fighter Base--that sometimes when I undock from a station, I'll undock INSIDE the station's model, which basically means that the only ways to break free are to A) bang around randomly and hope that my ship clips through or B) blow the station up and hope my shields and armor are strong enough. This happens more often, I think, when I switch ships, and, again, especially at the Asteroid Fighter Base. Anybody else have this problem?

Some bases--such as the regular Fighter Barracks--will teleport me a few Ks away from the station when I undock, especially when I switch ships. This doesn't bother me nearly as much.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: undocking inside the station model

Post by loki1950 »

That's because you are supposed to navigate that long landing tunnel back outside :wink: which is possible but not easy for most beginning players so until you have the skill use the exterior docking squares undocking from those will shift you x km from the base as you mentioned.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
burkshifter
Trader
Trader

Post by burkshifter »

So it's supposed to be that way? Seems kind of silly to me to make it so difficult to get out of certain bases, especially ones like the Rlaan Fighter Base, which is obviously just a temporary model. I do use the external docking ports where possible, but some bases just don't have them. Why, then, do I undock at a different point from where I docked? And it's pretty hard when I switch to, say, a goddard, to navigate out of anything.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Most of the bases have external docking squares how else are the big ships supposed to dock :wink: and some of the base models need there docking point definitions tweaked so that docking is actually possible.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
burkshifter
Trader
Trader

Post by burkshifter »

So it may just be those two fighter bases that don't have externals, which makes sense. The only problem, I think, is that the inside "tunnels" are mostly transparent, so it's harder to see where the exit point is. This could just mostly be a problem with the Asteroid Fighter Base.
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by RedAdder »

Well, I tried to undock from asteroid fighter base as well, but something starts shooting at me, probably the base.