cargo mission and docking on SPEC moving vessels

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
kraehe
Merchant
Merchant

cargo mission and docking on SPEC moving vessels

Post by kraehe »

Moin Guru's,

while trying to play this game, I encounter lots of cargo missions going to some Mule or other SPEC moving vessel.

My first try was to follow the patch "Can I stop vessels from being mission targets?" in this forum, but the patch itself did not solve my problem. Still lots of cargo missions go to SPEC moving vessels. I read cargo_mission.py, go_somewhere_significant.py and unit.py and finaly unit_util_generic.cpp to figure out what happens. But all my tries did not solve it, even if I think I found a totaly different bug.

Then I played the game a bit more and realised, that all stations had been gone in one system. And the only Klk'k presence left there are capital ships. So even if I found a way to disable SPEC moving ships being valid cargo destinations, some cargo missions would fail.

So the question is: docking to a spec moving vessel is impossible yet. Would it be possible to ask a vessel to stop moving to dock there. Of course only if the vessel is not in combat currently and only if the one who asks has a valid mission there.

ciao,Kraehe
Atomos
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Re: cargo mission and docking on SPEC moving vessels

Post by Atomos »

Tach,
So the question is: docking to a spec moving vessel is impossible yet. Would it be possible to ask a vessel to stop moving to dock there. Of course only if the vessel is not in combat currently and only if the one who asks has a valid mission there.
According to the Wiki:
I can't dock to this #!!**! capital ship because it's in SPEC!

A: We're really sorry about this one. In 0.5.0 beta1, there's no way around this. We've since added a feature whereby friendly/neutral ships will drop out of SPEC for a brief while (~20 seconds) if you hail them with a docking request. You may hail them again to reset the timer if this is too short a time to reach them.
I've tried this myself and it worked.
kraehe
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kraehe »

Moin Atomos,
Atomos wrote:I've tried this myself and it worked.
*hm* do you know where this 20 seconds is coded ... I might increase this to some better value.

The next docking problem, even if standing is the Mule ... I tried to dock there, but crashed into the shield, before reaching the docking square. I'm now on SVN trunk ... lets see, if the Mule improved.

ciao,Kephra
Atomos
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Atomos »

Moin moin,
kraehe wrote:*hm* do you know where this 20 seconds is coded ... I might increase this to some better value.
I've searched for "20" in the source code and found the following promising code in .../cmd/unit_generic.cpp:

Code: Select all

bool Unit::RequestClearance (Unit * dockingunit)
{
#if 0
	static float clearencetime=(XMLSupport::parse_float (vs_config->getVariable ("general","dockingtime","20")));
	EnqueueAIFirst (new ExecuteFor (new Orders::MatchVelocity (Vector(0,0,0),
		Vector(0,0,0),
		true,
		false,
		true),clearencetime));
#endif
	if (std::find (image->clearedunits.begin(),image->clearedunits.end(),dockingunit)==image->clearedunits.end())
		image->clearedunits.push_back (dockingunit);
	return true;
} 
But, as you see, this is commented out in my version - :shock: - so it's perhaps the wrong function.

Tom
kraehe
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kraehe »

Moin Tom,
Atomos wrote: But, as you see, this is commented out in my version - :shock: - so it's perhaps the wrong function.
the code was moved to src/cmd/ai/firekeyboard.cpp ... and the right place to patch the time would be in vegastrike.config ... lets test, if this works as supposed.

ciao,Kraehe
kraehe
Merchant
Merchant

Re: cargo mission ... where is my mule?

Post by kraehe »

Moin Gurus,

thanks to the tips here, I was able to hail spec moving vessels, to stop them, so I could dock there. But an other cargo mission problem 'bugs' me. Several missions end in a system, but the Mule or other capship is not there, neither on N nor on T. I dont know what happend to them. They either jumped out, or got killed, while I traveled to a star system or its a bug in SVN cargo mission itself. Often other ships of same flight group are in system. So I wonder, if its possible to expand cargo missions, to reroute the cargo mission to a new ship of same faction, if the destination is no longer available.

ciao,Kraehe