bugs found after 10 hours of playing

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
bearclaw

bugs found after 10 hours of playing

Post by bearclaw »

With latest (checked out 3 days aho) sources and data4 I have the following bugs:
- I die, respawn with ";", and the upgrades of my ship are floating all around
- in game, when I hit load saved game, it seems cash amount is kept unchanged (ie not loaded)
- I am randomly thrown out of cargo or upgrade computers, and sent back in front of my ship.
- Once I was docked on a khh (or is it kkh? well you got the idea) kalan with a bounty mission running. Then suddently I was ejected from the ship! I was in the escape pod. I managed to dock again, and my ship had disapeared. BTW when I was first ejected, it said "mission failed".
-
-repulsor beam : trying to buy a repulsor beam to mount on a franklin.blank, the "choose mount point" window shows in green two slots of type heavy_missile special_missile, and 2 of type special. Whichever I choose, I pay the money, and I get no repulsor beam :(

-reactor pb:
--reactor level: on evry reactor >level 5, title says reactor level x, but descriptiojn below says now WORST OF ALL:
I bought a franklin.blank and a admonisher, filled them up with items...but I can't almost shoot because , if I understood well, my reactor is not powerful enough( the energy bar (red one) is always at 0), but I can't buy any reactor for those ships, they alway appear in red, even if I have the money! (with thefranklin, I can only buy level 1 (maybe 2, not sure), but 3 and 4 appear red, though I have enough cash. So I'm stuck :(

Hope I was clear enough, don't hesitate to ask if you want me to do some specific tests. Now let's fill that "feature request" forum also... ;)
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

The upgrades of your ship got ejected when you died...

The cash amount is unchanged because you probably haven't saved yet. It would require a ton of code changes and would also require reloading the entire game in order to reread the base mission. Therefore, either save, or else quit and restart.

The randomly getting thrown out of the cargo computer is a known bug -- The callback handlers somehow get reset for some unknown reason...
It only happens occasionally and it's easy to go back to the computer again.

You were ejected because someone killed you. Were there enemies around? You can pause the game while in the base to prevent this.

No comment to the empty bullet :wink:

Good catch about the repulsor_beam. I just checked the weapon_list file and it's not in there, meaning that you won't get any weapons when you buy it. We'll fix it next time we have to upload a release. For now, just don't buy it.

Is the reactor red? That means it doesn't fit your ship.. But it really should. Maybe the template files are wrong?

Also, please update to recent source: that way you can fix a crash smetimes when jumping.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

the game really should auto-pause when you are in a base.
Surfdargent
Developer
Developer

Post by Surfdargent »

I would suggest the ship to be removed from the "game" : remove it from action but do not pause the game please... things have to continue to happen.

We all have to start thinking in a networking way. I had a lot of troubles using parts that are not designed for networking.
bearclaw
Trader
Trader

hint, hint!

Post by bearclaw »

Could you tell me in which file the upgarde capability of a ship are stored?
There is nothing about that in data/units/faction/upgrades/reactor*
nor in the ship's data/units/theship/* files
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Re: hint, hint!

Post by peteyg »

bearclaw wrote:Could you tell me in which file the upgarde capability of a ship are stored?
There is nothing about that in data/units/faction/upgrades/reactor*
nor in the ship's data/units/theship/* files
try looking in data/unit/theship/theship.template. You should see stuff that says what levels of shields and reactor the ship can have, as well as other upgrades like the shield regenerator.
bearclaw
Trader
Trader

don't realy understand...

Post by bearclaw »

hmm, in each ship/ship.template, there are many <upgrade> tags...
Does it mean "if and only if the upgrade tag is present then you can mount the upgrade on the ship"?

in each template, there is one line about reactor level. I guess it tells the max reactor level the ship can have...For the franklin it says:
<Upgrade file="reactor_level_1"/>

Isn't it too small, considering that ship has 3 turrets mount points , 4 heavy mount points...and costs 1M credits?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

ya...I'm not sure why the franklin is so underpowered...
but it should allow you to add a lot of reactor capacitance, no?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
bearclaw
Trader
Trader

yes but...

Post by bearclaw »

Right, sixteen, but that doesn't solve the problem of the reactor being drained faster than it can recharge by non-weapon elements (hmm, maybe a shield2 level 7 is excessive?)

Other unrelated glithes that I found:
-I buy a reactor l1 for 9000, it says I'll get 4000 if I sell it, but I guet refounded the whole price (hadn't checked if it happens always)
-Something that may help track the console-reset problem: I enter cargo console, get ejected in front of my ship, return to cargo console, press done....and I'm back to my first cargo console, with the same tree-view elements expended as before. My guess is each time you enter a console, get ejected and you don't do the multiple done trick, you add a few layers of function call to the stack...
FlyingAce
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by FlyingAce »

Surfdargent wrote:I would suggest the ship to be removed from the "game" : remove it from action but do not pause the game please... things have to continue to happen.

We all have to start thinking in a networking way. I had a lot of troubles using parts that are not designed for networking.
you basically mean use the dockinternal feature (if it's still there)
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

FlyingAce wrote:you basically mean use the dockinternal feature (if it's still there)
See this post for the 'stillinthere'-thing ;-)
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... =8878#8878

Pontiac
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Surfdargent wrote:I would suggest the ship to be removed from the "game" : remove it from action but do not pause the game please... things have to continue to happen.

this does work, you just have to have the right setting in the docking tag I think :-)...but it's unit dependent atm

Dan.a