Random crashes in 4.1

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
ATStriker
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Random crashes in 4.1

Post by ATStriker »

While I have gotten no major problems so far, it seems to still randomly crash when jumping or autopiloting while many ships are fighting around me. Can't reprodue reliably but it has happened 2-3 times in 4 hours of playing.

hillariously enough, all 3 times i was about to press the quit keys after i arrived at the station... If you have written code to read our minds, i will be most displeased :( 8)

EDIT: i just read this post and thought "wow that person has the same bug and writes almost the same thing i did" before noticing it was my post. maybe i should go to bed.
-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
stampsm
Trader
Trader

Post by stampsm »

i have the same problem in 4.1 when i try to jump with alot of ships around or while in a battle it will crash about 1/3 times.
what are the output files i need to sent in again to report the error
i have already had about 8 crashes over a 2 hour period
KernelBurner
Merchant
Merchant

Post by KernelBurner »

that happen to me too when i use time compression...
"Ignorance is the holy path to happiness"
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

in the bin directory of the place you installed it, stdout.txt and stderr.txt is what you need.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

how strange...this is exactly the problem we patched...

you downloaded the 0.4.1 release right?

are you playing with or without sounds?

which video card and drivers are you using...if you're using nvidia drivers older than august that could be it....

try without sound for starters
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/