Edit_Graphic BUG report on latest SVN (12515)

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Edit_Graphic BUG report on latest SVN (12515)

Post by Fendorin »

hello i will open this thread for check a appearence and gameplay "abnormal event" .

my kind of checking is like a player, i play 20 minutes and report the "bug" i found (setup: nicest shader,high details, 1280X800 fullscreen 32BITcolor)

I was located in a Rlaan space but all this bug is a same in each space faction.

Well

with SVN Rev. 12478: i found:

*All ships,installations, lava planet, haven't glow map.
*Nothing have a glow thruster (but some ships have the blinker/flicker??)
*Just the 0.4.3's uv textured's ships have a Reflective/mirrored maps/effect (not on the OX) and not other ships/installations have Spec map or mirror effect (why?)
* Some ships/installations haven't texture linked (appear in white or light mirrored for the ships from 0.4.3 ) (Fighter barack, Clydesdale, Shenzong,Charillus,H496,...and maybe some other i didn't meet)
*The Shaper Bio installation Station : two Bugs: -the Mesh is wrong (normal directions invert inside/outside) and is handle by a Rlaan Faction???
* a Lot of "Parasite ship" appear with the [N] tab (neutral target cycle=means= planet,station,jump point) THIS BUG IS ON THE 0.5.0 RELEASE
is a big gameplay bug =
- this ship do nothing= static position or crazy spec drive.
-this kind of bug made 50 or 100 same ships
-In the [n]cycle when you search the next jump point= you need pass viewing 100 shizu for nothing+50Ruizong???
-i thought is a bug because all this ships have Exactly the same orientation(XYZ) ingame
-render the game little bit unfinished for new players more than texturing problem or simplest AI

*and the final point = The civvie is VERY VERY stupid even with a armed ships the try to destroy you like a Kamikaze is just annoy you nothing else "like have some fly around you" ( they haven't others thing to do)
the Civvie comportement:
isn't according with the Wiki database "flee with Terror"
Last edited by Fendorin on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Graphic and Gameplay BUG report on latest SVN

Post by pyramid »

I assume you are running windows. Which graphics card and driver version? The glow map is compressed with DXT5 and some older (169.x) nvidia drivers cannot read the format correctly due to a bug that was solved in the latest (170.x) versions.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

i found this information?? (i m not sure if it's that)

intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express chipset family.
i have nothing noted Nvidia or Ati.

i have a old sony laptop: VGN-FS215E vaio

thank.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Try without shader support then goggle intel 915GM/GMS,910GML the first link that comes up is to the driver on Intel's site i think you should check if they have newer version than the one you have installed but i suspect the shader support and you may need to increase the RAM that is allocated to the GPU :(

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

I've seen some threads related to problems with that driver. You might try installing the latest drivers from Intel to see if this solves the graphics issues.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

for the glow/luma map DXT.5 compression it is on the stable 0.5.0 version??? because with this release the graphic on my machine is very nice.

anyway why the Glow thruster is disappear too? is because i haven't good graphic card ( i could see it with the stable release)

i download the last driver for my graphic card and is exactly like before.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Maye the problem is of some other nature. The thruster glow is DXT1 so the missing display of it is probably then not related to the DXT5 bug.
It would be most helpful if you could post stdout.txt and stderr.txt from you bin dir.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

here the files:DivShare File - stderr_dout.zip

thank
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

I don't see anything suspicious. Maybe one of the engine devs knows what's up with your setup.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

you missed that the shader did not compile :wink:

Code: Select all

Compilation of technique fixed failed... trying fixed5

Cause: Error compiling program vp:"fixed8" fp:"fixed"

Compilation of technique fixed5 failed... trying fixedgl

Cause: Error compiling program vp:"fixed5" fp:"fixed"

Compilation of technique fixed_simple failed... trying fixedgl

Cause: Error compiling program vp:"fixed5" fp:"fixed_simple"

Which is why i initially suggested to try without shader support

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Indeed. I have the same error on my windows notebook and the same effect, i.e. glow maps and thruster glow don't show. In my case, the graphics card has only 2 texture units anyway and with 32MB VRAM I do not expect it to work well, though I think to remember that it worked some time in the past, maybe pre-0.5.0.
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

At some point in time, we're going to have to have serious issues with supporting old obsolete cards and all the new tech coming into new cards.

I kinda wish there was a way to disable ship/planet textures but keep the in-base screens and such. Kinda like N64 style graphics. This would allow at least semi-decent gameplay for slower and weaker systems without trying to cram and cut corners on the umpteen number of textures we need to load (especially when near other ships and bases and such). I know there is a non-texture mode, but it doesn't differentiate between gameplay and non-gameplay and it paints all sides, plus it only paints vertexes, not faces.

That would be cool.

As for the shader, why can't the game engine automatically determine if the card supports shaders? That should be a non-issue, and something that is declared in the openGL info given by the driver.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

I don't know if this bugs was already repot but

in the news panel the news date is blocked on 19 october 3772 (i'm not sure exactly about the date but anyway is alway the same date and hours)
and a little suggestions :why not have a game date in the HUD = this date could be used for future campaign/mission = like "Bring this artiifact in a "whatever" planet before the XX/XX/XX.....otherwise i wouldn't pay you!!

and i tryed run Vegastrike without shader support = no glow map and no thruster glow too
maybe is my computer

But about the Quantity of static ships pretend to are a station or planet?? And the crazy spec?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Edit_Graphic BUG report on latest SVN (12515)

Post by Fendorin »

mmh..hello

i get a new computer.
Then i instal the svn subversion and i found some graphic little bug

herre the stderr:

Code: Select all

GOT SUBDIR ARG = 
Found data in C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\bin/../data
Using C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data as data directory
USING HOMEDIR : C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data/.vegastrike As the home directory 
CONFIGFILE - No config found in home : C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data/.vegastrike/vegastrike.config
CONFIGFILE - No home config file found, using datadir config file : C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data/vegastrike.config
MISSION_NAME is empty using : main_menu.mission
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
running import sys
print sys.path
sys.path = [r"C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\builtin",r"C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\quests",r"C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\missions",r"C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\ai",r"C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules",r"C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\bases"]
testing VS randomrunning import sys
print sys.path
OpenGL Extensions supported: GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_meminfo GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control 
OpenGL::GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array unsupported
OpenGL::GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays supported
OpenGL::Accurate Fog Distance unsupported
OpenGL::Generic Texture Compression supported
OpenGL::S3TC Texture Compression supported
OpenGL::Multitexture supported (8 units)
OpenGL::TextureCubeMapExt supported
OpenGL::S3TC Texture Clamp-to-Edge supported
OpenGL::S3TC Texture Clamp-to-Border supported
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked. 

OpenGL::EXTColorTable unsupported
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 2000
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 38
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Special/EmptyFOUND MODIFICATION = player FOR PLAYER #0

warning: Not importing directory 'C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\bases\fixers': missing __init__.py
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 2000
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 38
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Beckett/Tltktl
 Next To: Beckett/Ptaanahb
 Next To: Izzptipt/Yqqhzeenz
 Next To: Beckett/Ross248
 Next To: Beckett/Cyhiraeth
 Next To: Beckett/CyhiraethCannot Open Mesh File rlaan_miningbase.bfxm
dot 0.271460dot -0.246044dot 0.827252Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
Asking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
Asking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Warning Traceback 1:
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\missions\privateer.py", line 34, in Execute
    i.Execute()
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\random_encounters.py", line 288, in Execute
    dynamic_battle.UpdateCombatTurn()
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 33, in UpdateCombatTurn
    if (not SimulateBattles()):
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 214, in SimulateBattles
    if (not attackFlightgroup (ally[0],ally[1],enemy[0],enemy[1],enemy[2])):
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 564, in attackFlightgroup
    SimulatedDukeItOut (fgname,faction,enfgname,enfaction)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 441, in SimulatedDukeItOut
    allystats = faction_ships.GetStats(ally[allyvictim][0])
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\faction_ships.py", line 576, in GetStats
    debug.error( 'cannot find '+name)

Warning Traceback 2:
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\missions\privateer.py", line 34, in Execute
    i.Execute()
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\random_encounters.py", line 288, in Execute
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 33, in UpdateCombatTurn
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 214, in SimulateBattles
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 564, in attackFlightgroup
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 447, in SimulatedDukeItOut
    ApplyDamage(enfgname,enfaction,enemy,envictim,enstats,HowMuchDamage(ally,vsrandom.uniform(0,enstats[1])),fgname,faction)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 417, in HowMuchDamage
    stats=faction_ships.GetStats(i[0])
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\faction_ships.py", line 576, in GetStats

Warning Traceback 3:
    i.Execute()
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 441, in SimulatedDukeItOut

Warning Traceback 4:
    i.Execute()
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 447, in SimulatedDukeItOut
    ApplyDamage(enfgname,enfaction,enemy,envictim,enstats,HowMuchDamage(ally,vsrandom.uniform(0,enstats[1])),fgname,faction)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_battle.py", line 417, in HowMuchDamage

Asking to undock
Asking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
uh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohuh ohAsking to undock
Asking to undock
star 1, natural 0, bases 1star 1, natural 0, bases 0Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 2000
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Izzptipt/Yqqhzeenz
 Next To: Beckett/Kabazzkab
 Next To: Beckett/Orsini
 Next To: Beckett/Arcturus
 Next To: Beckett/OrsiniUnit is the active player character...changing scene graph
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
cannot execute suborders as Linear Velocity MatcherAsking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
star 2, natural 0, bases 1star 2, natural 0, bases 0ERROR: jumps not empty() Size==1!!!!!
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Beckett/Ross248
 Next To: Beckett/Kabazzkab
 Next To: Beckett/Arcturus
 Next To: Beckett/OrsiniUnit is the active player character...changing scene graph
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Warning Traceback 5:
    i.Execute()

Warning Traceback 6:
    i.Execute()

Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
star 1, natural 0, bases 2star 1, natural 0, bases 0input name backgrounds/white, output name backgrounds/white_light.image
Affine 0.000000 Mult 0.800000 Pow 1.000000
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Beckett/Orsini
 Next To: Beckett/Cyhiraeth
 Next To: Beckett/CyhiraethUnit is the active player character...changing scene graph
Num Nodes: 1338, NumEnds: 466
Min Height: 4, Max Height: 24
Average Height 13.407725
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
star 1, natural 1, bases 1star 1, natural 1, bases 0Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 2000
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Izzptipt/Ull
 Next To: Tutbzzaz/Tkkabizz
 Next To: Izzptipt/Ull
 Next To: Caldera/Shepard
 Next To: Caldera/Delta
 Next To: Caldera/LofnUnit is the active player character...changing scene graph
Num Nodes: 171960, NumEnds: 62982
Min Height: 7, Max Height: 73
Average Height 25.008828
Num Nodes: 37097, NumEnds: 13879
Min Height: 5, Max Height: 46
Average Height 21.387924
Warning Traceback 7:
    i.Execute()

Warning Traceback 8:
    i.Execute()

Warning Traceback 9:
    i.Execute()

Warning Traceback 10:
    i.Execute()

Warning Traceback 11:
    i.Execute()

Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
dot -0.654090dot -0.418309Warning Traceback 12:
  File "Fighter_Barracksnightshaper.py", line 5, in <module>
    None
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\bases\military_lib.py", line 8, in MakeMilitaryBase
    dynamic_mission.CreateMissions()
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_mission.py", line 769, in CreateMissions
    news.processNews(plr)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\news.py", line 107, in processNews
    noos = dnewsman_.translateDynamicString(noos)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 312, in translateDynamicString
    return self.translator.translateItem(item, varlist, self.dockedat_faction)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 121, in translateItem
    self.item[i] = self.translateWord(self.item[i])
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 91, in translateWord
    return pre + self.formatText(self.lookupInfo(var, tagnopun)) + tag[len(tagnopun):]
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 68, in lookupInfo
    results = self.dynamic_data.getFactionData(self.vars[var]['faction'], tag)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 155, in getFactionData
    debug.error("ERROR: FACTION LOOKUP ERROR faction %s variable %s" % (faction, variable))
Message: ERROR: FACTION LOOKUP ERROR faction merchant_guild variable nicks

Warning Traceback 13:
    None
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\bases\military_lib.py", line 8, in MakeMilitaryBase
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_mission.py", line 769, in CreateMissions
    news.processNews(plr)
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 312, in translateDynamicString
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 121, in translateItem
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 91, in translateWord
    return pre + self.formatText(self.lookupInfo(var, tagnopun)) + tag[len(tagnopun):]
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 68, in lookupInfo
  File "C:\Sandbox\Vegastrike\data\modules\dynamic_news.py", line 155, in getFactionData
    debug.error("ERROR: FACTION LOOKUP ERROR faction %s variable %s" % (faction, variable))

Warning Traceback 14:
    None
    news.processNews(plr)

Destruct called. If called from C++ this is death 620283856 (0x24f8c7d0)BASE Destruct called. If called from C++ this is death 620283856 (0x24f8c7d0)Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Asking to undock
Some model are not found like the regret? and the rlaan mining base? and the faction texture on the entourage didn't work.
the Mac Gyver are so tiny.
The shapers Spa Station the normal are invert (split interior/exterior)
and still the planet have no atmosphere

Otherwise on a "modern" computer the shader look very nice. Especially on the H496 now i understand why is important to smooth and have more vertice on mesh model and the normal map look very nice too.

i m waiting for the complete high resolution star background :wink: .
thank and tchuss!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Edit_Graphic BUG report on latest SVN (12515)

Post by loki1950 »

Glad for you Fendorin :D by the way svn is just the nickname for subversion you know us humans are lazy less typing :wink: So now you can see your models in all there glory.I am a bit concerned about the python errors i see though the first one seems to be about not finding the Entourage.stock so a look at units.csv is in order and your other discoveries need pyramid's attention.