What is neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
pezz

What is neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png?

Post by pezz »

Hi,

I run vegastrike on Linux, and my problem is that when launching, it shows the window with the nice random poster, and then tries to load an inexistent file "neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png", . After MANY repetitions, I assume it gives up, and goes on loading the rest of the files, and the game starts fine.

Has anyone else encountered this? I did not even mange to find in which part of the code it was trying to load this (I didn't look too much either...)
Any ideas?

I am not running the standard compilation process for linux, but rather a debianised one; I don't believe this should be the source of trouble, though, since all the rest works great (the new release is REALLY nice!)

Thanks,
Itay.

Here's a bit of output:

1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png, not found1.Loading bmp file wh_rgb_stable.png Bind... !!!! Load Success
1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_spec_stable.png neutral_wh_spec_stable.png, not found1.Loading bmp file wh_spec_stable.png Bind... !!!! Load Success
1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png, not found1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_spec_stable.png neutral_wh_spec_stable.png, not found1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png, not found1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_spec_stable.png neutral_wh_spec_stable.png,
A LOT of this....
neutral_wh_spec_stable.png neutral_wh_spec_stable.png, not found1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png neutral_wh_rgb_stable.png, not found1.Loading bmp file neutral_wh_spec_stable.png neutral_wh_spec_stable.png, not found

WARNING: no var named jump_radius_scale in section physics using default: .5
WARNING: no var named density_of_jump_point in section physics using default: .01
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

it's not loading those textures (they're cached)
it's loading the models that use those textures
and there are a LOT of models

it's teh wormhole animation
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
pezz

where and why?

Post by pezz »

But why does it keep trying to load, like a hundred times or more, the same file without success?
Can you at least point out to me where in the code this loading process takes place?

Thanks,
Itay.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

many frames of the same animation share a png

it happens in bootstrap_draw which is called from Texture::Texture somewhere
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
pezz

hmm....

Post by pezz »

OK, but textures are created all over the place, no?
Where is that particular constructor for that particular file called from?
What I want is to eliminate those calls, or to make them look for a file that exists (what file would be a good replacement, please?), or SOMETHING.

I.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

It looks for the factionname_texture
then if that fails it finds the texture

that way we can have faction specific textures for stuff