Unable to start vegastrike with configfile

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Lazypete
Trader
Trader

Unable to start vegastrike with configfile

Post by Lazypete »

Yup!

I use to ran VS without a config file, so the only option I have are those of the command line.
( Screen resolution and data directory )

So I ran vssetup to get a config file so that I can play fullscreen.
So I copied the vegastrike.config file to my .vegastrike directory. Now if I try to start vegastrike it complains about

Code: Select all

FactionXML:LoadXML factions.xml
Failed to open 'factions.xml' this probably means it can't find the data directory vegastrike: faction_xml.cpp:324: static void Faction::LoadXML(const char*, char*, int): Assertion `0' failed.
but if I do a locate factions.xml:
/usr/local/share/vegastrike/data/factions.xml

I also have been able to solve this problem once, but I don't know how I did it! But once I solved this one. The game gave me the same axact error but with the file unit_master_list.

Note:
Im running the CVS source from a week.
with data4.x
At first they will ignore you,
then they will laugh at you,
then they will fight you,
then you will win.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Configurator is not a config file creator.

Post by ace123 »

Just to let you know, the configurator requires the config file in order to change it.

If you really didn't have a config file, the configurator probably wouldn't display anything or may even crash (segfault).

The configurator relies on comments inside the config file in order to change it, and it will probably only create an empty file.

here's what you should do: Make sure that your data4.x is a clean and new copy from CVS. Rename or delete your .vegastrike/vegastrike.config file. Then update source and build. Move the binary into the data4.x/bin directory. cd into the data4.x/bin and type ./vegastrike

If you get that working, then you can start messing around with your config files.
Lazypete
Trader
Trader

Post by Lazypete »

Well I had a config file in the vssetup directory with which I launched vssetup.

After that I copied it to my ~/.vegastrike/
then you will win.
Lazypete
Trader
Trader

Post by Lazypete »

So I made a hardlink in /usr/local/share/vegastrike/data/vegastrike to /usr/local/bin/vegastrike.

The first time it started but It didn't found my saved game???
Then the second time, it had the same error...
assertion failed '0' ... about loadinf the factions.xml file.
then you will win.