one (two) bugs with current svn. No planet docking, low fps.

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

one (two) bugs with current svn. No planet docking, low fps.

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,
I installed the svn version on 03 sep. and updated it today. With both versions I have the following problems:

- I can't dock to planets anymore.

I get close and closer, I hit 'd' like mad but nothing happens. No green rectangle (no rectangle at all) and I get a nice 'keep comms open' message back. In the konsole this appears:
Hi,
I installed the svn version on 03 sep. and updated it today. With both versions I have the following problems:

- I can't dock to planets anymore.

I get close and closer, I hit 'd' like mad but nothing happens. No green rectangle (no rectangle at all) and I get a nice 'keep comms open' message back. In the konsole this appears:
Asking to undock

and nothing else. Docking to space stations still works like it should. This started shortly after I left some space station in Cephid (I don't know which one).

The second one is more a nuisance:
FPS when getting close to Fighter Barracks or Relay are very low.

I have a pretty powerfull system (Amd X2 6000+, Ati 3870). In normal flight I have 75-100fps if the counter is to believed.
But when closing in to a Fighter Barracks station FPS get as low as 7(!). Mostly around 11-18. Unplayable jerkyness occurs.

0.50 is fine in both regards.

vegastrike was built with the following configure line:

./configure --prefix=/home/energyman/vegastrike_cvs --exec-prefix=/home/energyman/vegastrike_cvs --with-data-dir=/home/energyman/vegastrike_cvs/data --enable-release=2 --enable-flags="-O2 -msse3 -march=k8" --disable-debug
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

at 25km distance to fighter barracks FPS are at ~30.
At 15km distance they are down to 11

If only a part of the station is visible (because you are very close) FPS are normal again.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

a) planets are ok now. Don't know what happened
b) with amd's latest drivers (8.9) performance around stations got a lot better (like 25FPS instead of 11) but performance at the asteroid fields still sucks (7FPS)