Nav\Map Screen

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
HymenZorg
Trader
Trader

Nav\Map Screen

Post by HymenZorg »

Been messing around with this, but have found it to be a little difficult. Other people seem to agree. Thought I'd report this anyway, maybe you guys will find it helpful?

I'm on an iMac on Leopard.

loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It wasn't so bad before the we increased the level of traffic in each system need some way of abstracting the number of flight groups that are displayed to reduce the info overload.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Latest svn code doesn't show flight groups beyond your own vessel and your target.
Sindwiller
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sindwiller »

To be honest, the nav/map screen is kind of senseless, because it's so cluttered and unfriendly. :S It'd need refining.
shomke
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Nav\Map Screen

Post by shomke »

I agree, it needs to be refined. For me it is one of the most important problem of this great game !
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

There is a 3D navigation tool and an alternative map tool but both are external to the game. Somebody with a bit of motivation needs to take one apart and push or copy the relevant bits of code into VS to replace the current naff 2D navscreen.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
shomke
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by shomke »

Yes, that would be great...
STENDEC
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by STENDEC »

Im struggling with the nav comp as well, it seems to be broken and the graphic looks rough (big bevel) I cant program the nav comp and it dosent remember any edits ive made when i reload. Is there a list of correct names to use when programming it to find planets/installations etc?

It would also really help to have ships annotated somehow in the cockpit hud. All i see atm is empty space and a bunch of dots on my radar, not great for immersion. Could non targeted ships in radar range have a reticule put round them with a small amount of info? Some systems have loads of ships so this wouldnt be possible without some abstraction for large groups, maybe flightgroup reticules.