Large Gravity Well Bugs?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
HymenZorg
Trader
Trader

Large Gravity Well Bugs?

Post by HymenZorg »

So I've been having some serious difficulties with massive gravity wells, where I usually have to go in sweep missions. I have noticed that the pirates and other badies tend to lurk pretty low (docking level) in these wells and it takes FOREVER to get to them, even in a decent fighter. It sometimes takes minutes to escape a big gas giant, I just wish there were a way around this?

I've noticed that the opponents tend to get stuck and sometimes "flicker" up and down as they attempt to escape the gravity. In order to complete the missions I have to engage these guys down in the well. It sucks. I think I've probably spent over an hour just trying to get out of gravity wells. Am I doing something terribly wrong?

Also, wouldn't it make sense to have a dock on a gas giant in very high orbit?
Funky Time
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Re: Large Gravity Well Bugs?

Post by Funky Time »

I don't like the way spec handles gravity either. They tell you users shouldn't use time compression(F9/F10) but it seems like the only way to get to planets. Unless they want us to waste tons of time waiting for the ship to reach a planet, I think they should change the way spec works. Baddies aren't the only things that hang around near planets. Sometimes there are jump gates and big ships you can dock with. Once I get into spec there's no problem getting anywhere. Maybe they can have only some set distance you travel before hitting spec?
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

The fact you can use time compression makes me think you're using the 0.4.X executable...
If that's the case, you might want to play the complete 0.5.0 stable or venture into the SVN land; in these versions, while approaching a planet, after autopilot goes off, you can tap the spec key repeatedly to benefit from small spec bursts that will shorten your approach time by a decent amount; max overdrive available will also help.
You might also try switching to travel mode for a higher max speed but, big disclaimer, I've never used that myself :mrgreen:
Funky Time

Post by Funky Time »

Oh boy. I'll just go hide now. I just built it from svn. I had 0.4.x installed.