Rendering of Sun in SVN 12377

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
El Bobbo
Hunter
Hunter

Rendering of Sun in SVN 12377

Post by El Bobbo »

Suns flash dark polygons when running with the following vssetup settings:
512MB Ram + 256 swap
moderate gameplay
my sound only
medium volume
high detail
no shader support
1024x768 resolution
16 bit color windowed
no mouse
2 axis joystick

I have not manually modified the default vegastrike.config.

I have attached a screenshot of the flashing polygon. All suns I have observed continuously flash random dark polygons.

Additionally, when I approach a medical station vegastrike does not always render all of the visible faces. I can provide more info or a screenshot of this if needed.

Finally, I docked at an arid methane planet and the graphic for the computer terminal was missing. The planet surface displayed normally, just missing the standard computer terminal graphic that is normally overlayed on the planet surface background. Also, when I landed on an ice planet the background image was just a bunch of crossed black and white lines.

Not sure if all the above only occur in lower video modes (this is my guess, as otherwise devs would have found it already...) I will try to check as much as I can.

Please let me know if/when I should delete the screenshot to conserve server space (it is already a compressed jpeg).

Oh, I almost forgot, I also frequently see inappropriate units set as nav points, such as Dostoevskys and other small fighters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
running (I finally got a new computer so I can play VS again!):
ubuntu linux 8.04
AMD Athlon XP 2 GHz
1 GB RAM
GeForce FX 5200
El Bobbo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by El Bobbo »

I tried adjusting all of the video settings available in vssetup, and nothing seems to make the flashing sun go away. Maybe this is an issue with my video card (nvidia)? I thought I remembered this happening before a while ago, and then it seemed to be fixed in 0.5.0 ... could be mistaken though.
running (I finally got a new computer so I can play VS again!):
ubuntu linux 8.04
AMD Athlon XP 2 GHz
1 GB RAM
GeForce FX 5200