Help! I can't log in!

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
SpaceJockey
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Help! I can't log in!

Post by SpaceJockey »

I Just downloaded and got Vega Strike, and i got a new forum username. But now i can't log in to the multiplayer on VS, and when i try it says "NETWORK ERROR in recieving Socket (Error Number 0)!!!

Can anyone help?
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Is your firewall perhaps blocking VS from connecting to the network?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I believe he is right -- it is likely your firewall, so try playing in windowed mode.

As to specific ports, make sure Vega Strike can make outgoing connections on port 80 and the range 6771 to 6780. It must also be able to receive incoming connections between 6771 and 6776.
Generally "Allow all connections from Vega Strike" does the trick, but it depends on the firewall type.

If you want the explanation why the 0 in the message:
Error Number 0 ("No error") means that Vega Strike closed the connection (thus there was no error from the Operating System's side)...
I'm pretty sure that happens only if it takes too long to connect (or if a firewall blocks the connection).

Yes, I love the messages that say "Error: No error", but if you they do make sense if you are looking from the right perspective.