Can't turn on nav map and SPEC drive without autopilot

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
selfcommander
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Can't turn on nav map and SPEC drive without autopilot

Post by selfcommander »

I don't know if this is a bug or something wrong with my settings. But when I start the game at first it works fine, but after playing for a while I can't show nav map by pressing shift+m, it will just acts as if I am pressing just m. The same goes for inability to use SPEC drive alone without autopilot by pressing shift+a, it acts as if I am pressing just a. There are couple other occasions when shift, ctrl, alt keys are ignored. If I go to the previous save file when it worked normal it still doesn't work. Even when I restarted the game it is still doesn't seem to work, but it usually does sometimes in the beginning of the game.

I have Windows Xp, and use VegaStrike 0.5.0 release. I searched a bug tracking forum and didn't find anything like that.

Maybe changing key bindings will work
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome selfcommander that may be a bug in the SDL dll that's the library we use for I/O there have been some reports of flakiness with keyboard response.not sure if there is a work around :( one of the devs may be by later with a suggestion.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Are you using Alt-tab while playing? It's possible that is confusing SDL (for example if it still thinks you were holding down shift, even once you switch back).

Maybe one thing that might help would be to press your left shift key, then your right shift key, and maybe also turn caps lock on and off. You can try the same thing with both alts and both controls.

It's funny that I've never heard of this problem before--I do know of problems with alt and ctrl, but never shift.