Suddently VS crash

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
fax1974
Trader
Trader

Suddently VS crash

Post by fax1974 »

Hi, from a jump to another VS suddently crashed. I attach the st files. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

I don't see anything wrong. What exactly were you doing when it crashed?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

It could be that you ran out of memory. There is 75MB used per active system and 25MB leaked per inactive system that is loaded.

The highest memory setting has 1GB + 1GB swap, which has 5 or 6 active systems. if you set it to the lowest setting you will have fewer running systems which will basically improve memory usage at the expense of loading time.

It might help if you could find the Dr. Watson logs and post them. Dr. Watson is a debugger built into Windows, but sometimes it can be hard to figure out where it places the crash logs.
fax1974
Trader
Trader

Post by fax1974 »

Anyway it's just the first and last time. Yesterday I have played for an hour maybe more and I haven't had any trouble. Out of memoy? Mhhh... my system has 2GB of memory. If I will troubles I'll let you know.... Thanx again. F.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Glad it cleared up. Sometimes, even the best apps crash inexplicably. Thats a trouble with modern technology. Happy bounty hunting :wink: