screen resolution ignored

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

screen resolution ignored

Post by drinkypoo »

I'm running svn (just rebuilt a couple minutes ago) and my screen resolution is ignored, it always comes up as 1024x768 whether I pick 1680x1050 (my actual res) or 800x600 (the only supported resolution lower than 1024x768, just for laughs.)

I also tried using the -v commandline option, which did nothing.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

First, are you sure you are using the 0.5.0 or svn version of vssetup when you pick resolutions? (i.e. make sure you have either done a "make install" or that you are using ./vssetup instead of the system-wide one).

It sounds to me like the config file got out of sync.

To fix it, try opening up setup, select something else, then select "1024x768", then select the one you really want. That should make sure that the 1024 resolution isn't overriding anything.

If you can't figure it out, you might have to hand-edit the config file but that's a bit dangerous... make sure you edit the XML tags that are not commented out (there should only be one such pair). Search for "x_resolution" and "y_resolution" I think.
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by drinkypoo »

Yeah, I scrounged around in there for a while before just giving up. Luckily I had just been hacking and cheating my way around the galaxy (buncha money and a modded clyde, whee) and therefore my savegame was of no consequence. I did a make distclean and a new compile, svn reverted the vegastrike.config in data just in case, did a new build and a new vssetup and everything is working. Would have posted sooner but I was updating Ubuntu via 26.4kbps modem connection :/

I did notice that the text is not on top of the buttons in the mission computer at 1680x1050... Also I still have white squares for some suns (I think that's what they are, I'm usually too busy to pick them.)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Are you running in userland if so you may have encountered a bug in VSsetup have a look in ~/.vegastike you should see vegastrike.config.temp rename to vegastrike.config and that should fix it till you have an empty .vegastrike again.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by drinkypoo »

loki1950 wrote:Are you running in userland if so you may have encountered a bug in VSsetup have a look in ~/.vegastike you should see vegastrike.config.temp rename to vegastrike.config and that should fix it till you have an empty .vegastrike again.
yeah I tried that and it didn't help. looked like the file was properly commented/uncommented etc. so that solution didn't work for me! but anyway like I said everything is working fine now except that the text in the map screen etc is not drawn on the buttons, the text is 4:3 and the graphic stretched to 16:9 :P