Two Graphical Bugs

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
cap601
Merchant
Merchant

Two Graphical Bugs

Post by cap601 »

The pictures really tell the story:

Bug 1 - Stars surrounded by white area. They can be just seen through this at close range. Happened twice in one play but never seen before.

Bug 2 - Rings are sometimes placed around a point outside of a planet. Has happened repeatedly.

All with SVN 12303 on 64bit Debian Sid. Graphics card is a Radeon 9600 using the 8.4 drivers.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Two Graphical Bugs

Post by pyramid »

Your feedback is appreciated. The first bug is a known issue and related to extensions renaming, which is not yet fully completed. In some cases a star texture is not pulled from the system description file where the corresponding textures have been renamed, rather an auxiliary texture is supplied by the engine which's extension is still hard coded. I didn't yet get around to understanding exactly the flow but this artifact will be fixed when techniques are merged to the svn head, since they are still using the old extensions and I wouldn't like to always rename the sources in techniques when testing, unless klauss synchronizes his branch with the head :wink: or I'll find another easy way to do it.

The second artifact has been known for a long time already and comes from not using z-buffers on distant objects and will be fixed with the new techniques which are currently under development.