Tarball of VS 0.5.0 defective?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Tarball of VS 0.5.0 defective?

Post by legine »

Hmm, just read on Gentoo Fprums:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-68 ... trike.html

I think some of that is Gentoo related. (As all dstros have their thingies.)

I will check hopefully on weekend :P
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Every linux distro and computer is a bit different, and it is unrealistic to think a binary will work for everyone. That's what distro specific packages are for, and as they get created for each distro, these problems should more or less abate.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

That is what they are trying to do with the Tarball as it is just the source for the binaries and the data tree it being Gentoo they are building Portage rules for the compile and the OP is a member here :D so he does know the various workarounds :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

The binaries add a minimal amount to the data tarball (I think a total of 20MB at most)... so it may not be worth making another tarball without binaries.

That thread is really old--and new tarballs were indeed uploaded I think last week without an installer, so that solves these problems.
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

ace123 wrote:The binaries add a minimal amount to the data tarball (I think a total of 20MB at most)... so it may not be worth making another tarball without binaries.

That thread is really old--and new tarballs were indeed uploaded I think last week without an installer, so that solves these problems.
Ahh good. The downloadpage didnt say when it was last time updated. So I thought it is worth a post :-)
[edeit]
hehe. well ofc I am wrong here. Just found it. Who reads benefits. :-D
Last uopdate 2 May. Ignore me :P