VegaStrikes close suddently

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
fax1974
Trader
Trader

VegaStrikes close suddently

Post by fax1974 »

Hi, VS today has been close suddently with the classin Win message. I attached the sterr and stdout files. Thank you for the effort. F.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I see the errors:
Cannot Open Mesh File Watson_f.bfxm
Cannot Open Mesh File Watson_shield.bfxm

But those files should have been added last night... are you sure everything is up-to-date in the "units" directory?

I also see that the modules folder hasn't been updated in a while, or else there is something weird going on.

If youa ren't sure, go into "units", and into "watson", and check if those two Watson_f and Watson_shield.bfxm are there.
fax1974
Trader
Trader

Post by fax1974 »

I am very new to the world of subversions, beta and so on... How can I have the most update vegastrike? I am trying Tortoise, but it look like download rather synchronize... I am sure i do something wrong.... thanx. F.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

In your first post, how had you downloaded Vega Strike?

Sorry, but I don't understand you when you say "the download was synchronized". Was this inside Tortoise? Which Revision number did it say?

Just making sure, but when you update, you should right click on the whole data4.x folder and go to "SVN Update".

I happened to recognize the error about some files that changed yesterday, so that's why I assumed you were using SVN.
fax1974
Trader
Trader

Post by fax1974 »

I have downloaded the complete 0.5 version more than 2 months ago... then how can I add all the modified files? If I run SVN over the path where I installed I see that the tortoise say "Failed to add directory... object of the same name exist... " Maybe it's the wrong command (I clicked on the SVN Update as you said), or I have a doubt: SVN just download the entire directories or can it add just the new and modified files? Hope to explain, my english is quite bad... ;-) . Thanx. F.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Tortoise will not be able to update the version you downloaded 2 months ago as it does not have a svn data base so to get the latest you will have to check out data4x as is describe in the Wiki.Once you have it that can be updated as per right-clicking on the top folder (data4x) and SVNUpdate hope this is under clearer if not just post your question and we try to be more clear.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
fax1974
Trader
Trader

Ok!

Post by fax1974 »

Ok! Thank you now it's understood... now it's clear. I am goin to download tonight... Thanks again... :D F.