Slight graphical problem

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
firestarter
Merchant
Merchant

Slight graphical problem

Post by firestarter »

not so much a bug as just annoying. In the latest SVN version (12125) in full screen mode the bottom 1/3rd of the screen is cut off, in windowed mode the top 1/3rd.

I tried changing resolutions in the setup and on my actual desktop to no effect, in both windowed and full screen mode, and i tried tinkering with various other settings in the setup.

The only things i think can help are that my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 200m, i'm using Omega drivers, my operating system is windows XP Pro and i have a wide screen (possibly 20") monitor. i dont know if it will help but im also attaching the stderr and stdout files.

Id appreciate any help, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Those files you posted only had the first page of output so didn't help :-(

It would help to know what resolution you selected that caused the problem? Each resolution might have a slightly different aspect ratio or size defined

Can you try going to the setup program, select "1280x1024", and then select the resolution you really want? There was a slight bug in the SVN version of vegastrike.config that makes this necesary in certain cases.
firestarter
Merchant
Merchant

Post by firestarter »

the original resolution i set was 1024x768. iv tried almost all of the resolutions and the same problem every time.the aspect doesn't change either and i is only the bottom part of the screen i cant see, i can see to both the far left and right hand side of the screen.

I opened the stdout and stderr files and they only appear to have one page anyway :/

EDIT: i dont have this problem with the 0.5.0 beta releace, just the SVN
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Did you try going to "1280x1024" and then back? (clicking the dropdown, selecting 1280x1024, clicking the dropdown again and selecting whatever you want)?
I'll try to commit a fixed version that doesn't require this soon.

Aside from that I have no ideas...

Also, do the stripes appear in the base screen and main menu? Do they happen if you launch into space? What about in the base computer screens (mission computer or upgrade screens, or Multiplayer menu)?
firestarter
Merchant
Merchant

Post by firestarter »

Ah yes that fixed it, thanks :) the original problem wasn't lines on the screen tho, it was just that the bottom 1/3 was displayed 'off' the screen, as if it thought the bottom of the monitor was further down than it actually was.