Can no longer jump

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Zael
Explorer
Explorer

Can no longer jump

Post by Zael »

The other day I was playing the SVN and my ship was attacked by pirates. My ship suffered severe damage. I found a nearby Ox and docked with it. I repaired all my components and underwent the basic repair. When I left, I found that I could no longer make jumps. I kept getting Energy Low in the jump indicator text. All my bars are full red, blue, and yellow. I went back and docked on the Ox to check if my jump drive needed repaired, but their was no button to fix the jump drive. All my components are in working order, but I still seem to lack the energy to make any jumps. I exited and restarted vegastrike, but that didn't help. I then downloaded the latest SVN, but the bug isn't fixed. Is this a known issue? If not what files should I post to help resolve this bug?

Thanks
-Zael-
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Yeah. This is a known issue. At least, its known to me :wink:. Selling and rebuying your FTL capacitor fixes the problem. When it is damaged and fixed, the game does not correct the ftl capacitance value for some reason. This has been mentioned a couple times with no mention of a final fix, but sell-rebuy seemed to work for me 8)
Zael
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Zael »

Thank you very much.

Your fix worked perfectly. Hopefully the actual bug will be fixed soon.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If any of you get this problem, could you go into the "serialized_xml" folder inside .vegastrike, and attach your ships's CSV file inside the folder with your savegame name.

I want to see if the cargo is damaged.

Also, if instead of buying the FTL Capacitor again, is it possible to click on the "Repair" button for either the FTL capacitor or the Jump drive?

Edit: I also put this in the bug tracker since I couldn't find it there before.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=119507
Zael
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Zael »

When it happened to me, there was no "fix"/"repair" button for the jump drive or FTL Capacitor. Everything appeared to be in working order from the user side. The only clue that something wasn't working was the inability to jump. I'll go ahead and post those items when it next happens to me.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

thats not exactly true that there was no indication. The ship info screen was reading the base value for FTL capacitance, without the capacitors installed. You needed to sell all of them in order for it to start counting up again. If I get this again I'll post, but I dont get much time to play right now. :(