vegastrike svn 12071 crash to desktop

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

vegastrike svn 12071 crash to desktop

Post by whatch1 »

3 legged cargo run

1 Visit sartre (civ reg) Makeon -37-

how do you deliver cargo to an itty bitty little fighter plane i gave up

2 deliver to asteroid fighter base hard crash while manuvering to dock

3 deliver to bernard's star- never got there

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Yeah I've been noticing the opcode collider giving invalid polygons during a collision (index around 7600 when vertices array is 2000 long and triangles is 600 long) which caused a crash at one point.

Could be that the crash happened there if you say you were manuevering to dock.
I noticed the latest SVN might have a fix for that but it hasn't been built into a new EXE

Unfortunately your logs have been overwritten since the crash happened or another copy of vega strike might have been run.
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

posted after

Post by whatch1 »

Posted immediatly after was a windows error crash

any idea why i was given a cargo mission to a fighter Sartre -37-
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Re: posted after

Post by jackS »

whatch1 wrote: any idea why i was given a cargo mission to a fighter Sartre -37-
Because the Sartre class is ~116 meters long, and designated as a shuttle, not a fighter. From the engine's perspective, it has a docking port, thus making it a valid target for a delivery mission.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

hehe...yea, that is kinda weird. I was docking to Sartre once too, with Llama that is actually almost same sized...was docking to Plowshare too. I wanna get a Goddard once and then dock to vessels several times smaller XD
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

tried every trick i

Post by whatch1 »

I tried every trick i could think of unit would no let me dock every time i got close it zipped away even the request dock key did not keep it in one location long enough to dock with after four tries i gave up went to the next cargo drop off got within 2000 meters of the asteroid fighter base and got a windows crash

Bill

PS: the original mission called for me to bring it to a base,
on other missions called for delivery to atraxxia planet or Plainfield planet

what kind of drugs are you feeding to the mission engine?

or is this a parsing problem with named vs numbered stations?
Last edited by whatch1 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

Asteroid fighter bases seem f*cked up too...every time I undock from them, I find myself in the center of that asteroid with no way out...