12032 crash to desktop (Ubuntu 7.10)

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
spiffariffic
Trader
Trader

12032 crash to desktop (Ubuntu 7.10)

Post by spiffariffic »

As I jumped through a point, game crashed to the desktop before next system was visible. Resolution of display was the same as I ran the game (800x600) not my usual (1280x1024) and mouse was unusable.

Terminal was usable and I restarted the game to the main menu,mouse usable here, then I exit. display still at game resolution, had to reset resolution using OS display settings.

I attached the backtrace it gave me when the game crashed.

As as side note, with all these recent updates it's hard to keep up. But that's a good thing :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

bunch of nan's and other bugfixes were after your revision, i'm afraid you wont get much help until you retest with something more current, like in the 12053-54 range
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
spiffariffic
Trader
Trader

Post by spiffariffic »

I kinda figured that.

Updating SVN now.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

Asking to undock *** glibc detected *** ./vegastrike: double free or corruption (!prev):

interesting. it means an assumption is being made that isn't true, like the existance of a pointer.

the gfx_light functions worry me. I wonder if that has something to do with the light maps. delete your ~/.vegastrike/textures/backgrounds directory, then try again.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Most likely we have memory corruption

I guess that means it's Valgrind time :-)

I've noticed a memory error or two, but only when exiting and rejoining a server.