Missile-Ammo remains 0

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
CtV
Trader
Trader

Missile-Ammo remains 0

Post by CtV »

hello,
i'm new too the game but found a nasty bug, propably.

I cheated some money, bought and upgraded a ship(derivative) and went to battle, where i found out, that my missiles weren't working. I headed back to a base were the upgrade-screen told me, that i have missiles, but 0 remaining units. I bought new missiles again, but they remained at 0.

Is it a bug or could there be any other reason why the missiles are unavailable? I'm glad it was only cheated money :D

greetz and thanks for the great game
Last edited by CtV on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Hi. What version of the game are you using.

Wait. never mind. This is actually a feature. The missile bay will remain at 0 shots if you are trying to load missiles bigger than the size of the bay. Every ship has missile bays of different sizes and some are not big enough for missiles even if they are rated for them. Are you trying to use a large missile like a Friend or Foe?

If thats not your problem, we may have a real bug on our hands but I think a good fix would be to buy smaller missiles or a better bomber.

To confirm this, reply with missile type, version number, and ship type so I can check up :wink:
CtV
Trader
Trader

Post by CtV »

Ship: Derivative
Missile-Type: Image Recognition
v. 0.4.3 (i think that's the latest, isn't it?)

Friend/Foe missiles don't work either..
maybe it's really the size-issue.. but why can i buy those missiles for the ship, if i can't use them afterwards? I would call it a bug ;)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

they should work and 0.4.3 is not the latest that is 0.5 beta which is almost ready for release so you might want to have a look at using the svn version as it will become the release version been some major improvements since 0.4.3 which is actually about 2 yrs old so here are the instructions for getting the latest http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... eckout_SVN

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
CtV
Trader
Trader

Post by CtV »

oh great... I'll give it a try..
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

I think most of these data side glitches have been worked out of the system. In fact in newer builds the derivative is a fearsome bomber and my ship of choice. Both of those missiles are fairly big for their mounts and the derivative is a very small interceptor fighter. The 'beta' is much stabler than the 'stable' atm and there could be a new release within the week [fingers crossed]. 8) :wink:

loki always recommends the SVN but the beta release is alot easier on the casual user. he's a bit of a linux nerd, not saying i'm not but... :wink:
CtV
Trader
Trader

Post by CtV »

no problem... I'm studying computer science and i'm used to subversion ;)

oh btw.. how big is the data4.x directory? It's leeching for over a hour and 1.6Gigs now. :roll:
CtV
Trader
Trader

Post by CtV »

wow... the 0.5beta really is a BIG step forward. looks totally diffrent. :shock:
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Yeah the data has grown obnoxiously enormous thanks to higher quality images. But the improvement is huge too. But the next release will be like 1.8 GB which could be a problem for people with slower DSL (like me :? )
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Not really as you already have it :wink: just a mater of stripping the svn data base from a version so you can actually install it.Very easy as there is a subversion function for that purpose i currently do this on my windows side (Tortoise has the function export) so no need to download that 1.8 Gb again.And i imagine you could use the packaging scripts yourself but why bother :wink:

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

but for windoze people who roll releases only, its gonna be another 2 gig DL. Not saying it will be a problem for me. I doubt I'll even DL a new release on linux, but I probably will for my mac (doesn't compile right and noone knows why :? ).
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

FWIW: this bug is definitely present in SVN, I've got a derivative and I can't use FoF missiles. Not that I've ever found FoF missiles particularly useful.
CtV
Trader
Trader

Post by CtV »

Miramor wrote:FWIW: this bug is definitely present in SVN, I've got a derivative and I can't use FoF missiles. Not that I've ever found FoF missiles particularly useful.
with the actual 0.5 SVN I could use the missiles. Only one is loaded at a time, but I could use them....

but i have another problem: the "request docking clearance"-key isn't working. I read it has changes from 0 to Ctrl+0 but it doesn't work the one or other way...
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

CtV wrote:
Miramor wrote:FWIW: this bug is definitely present in SVN, I've got a derivative and I can't use FoF missiles. Not that I've ever found FoF missiles particularly useful.
with the actual 0.5 SVN I could use the missiles. Only one is loaded at a time, but I could use them....

but i have another problem: the "request docking clearance"-key isn't working. I read it has changes from 0 to Ctrl+0 but it doesn't work the one or other way...
it's alt-0 in SVN
if you are unsure what a particular keybinding is on your particular version, or if you have an interesting keyboard, please take a look at vegastrike.config
The keybindings are in more or less plain text in the XML
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Sorry about that. I think I said ctrl-0 :?
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

key code

Post by whatch1 »

Combo for request permision to dock is alt-0
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
CtV
Trader
Trader

Post by CtV »

yes, it's alt+0... i saw it when i was going to change it..

but another question:

the mouse-buttons... i have a 5 button mouse and want to use them...

Code: Select all

<!-- #warp_mouse inv_warp_mouse inv_glide_mouse glide_mouse -->
<bind mouse="0" player="0" button="0" modifier="none" command="FireKey" />
<!-- #end -->
<bind mouse="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="MissileKey" />
<bind mouse="0" button="2" modifier="none" command="ABKey"/>
<bind mouse="0" button="3" modifier="none" command="AccelKey"/>

<bind mouse="0" button="4" modifier="none" command="DecelKey"/>
only button 0(left mousebutton) and button 2 ("normal" right mousebutton) seem to work... does anyone have a workaround for this?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

5 Button so it would probably map out this way

left=0,right=1,middle=2,wheel-up=3.wheel-down=4, hose are for a standard wheel- mouse if the wheel tilts and an other two for left and right then come any extra buttons hope this helps you figure out a binding that works for you an other wrinkle if you are a *nixian does the X-sever recognize the buttons if not they must be defined in Xorg.config as well i have that problem myself a extra button and a tilt wheel that the X-sever does not recognize haven't got'n around to hacking my Xorg.config :wink:

ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Usually buttons 4 and 5 are mapped to scroll wheel... I believe this is also the case on windows.

To get access to extra buttons either go 6 or 7 I think. Vega Strike claims to support 15 buttons, but I don't know if SDL supports that many.

It could also be that the "extra" two buttons send the same message as scroll wheel, in which case you probably have to just live with it.