we need to encrypt the save files

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

we need to encrypt the save files

Post by whatch1 »

With all the posts talking about how to hack cash or the best ships to hack,
no one seems to be testing the critical problems in the early game

The bases don't regerate goods without a save quit restart load game loop

As you start to accumulate credit and have larger cargo the lama handles like a pig, slow accel, won't turn, and can't stop. This makes it harder and harder to make enough cash to afford the next update whatever it my be

anytime after the forth cargo loop pirates becomes a major problem

The uln and ludddites seem to have recently found Red Barron like skills
is this the rebalancing i have been hearing about?

One pirate followed me from atlantis to atraxi to plainfield where i docked. When i launched he misssed me but nicked the edge of my armour and crashed into plainfield.

Without firing a shot i was credited with a pirate kill. And with the basic Llama this a death sentance. not enough money at this point for any effective defesive upgraded

If everyone had to start and play the basic lama until call it 500,000 credit balance before getting an unlock key bo better ships there would more direct feedback on what the recent "advances" have done to early game play

Comments welcome

Bill
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I don't think we need to encrypt the save once you start down that route more and more things seem to warrant it and since the library is there why not :wink: next thing you know you get hit by the decryption overhead and instability.as to the beginning game play let's face it flying the Llama ain't sexy :shock: But some of us do fly the beginning freight loops 8) if just to check if the min-quest still works properly.Those freight runs should diminish in number when we finally tweak the economy to actually work :)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

when we finally tweak the economy to actually work Smile
Which there is currently like 7 active feature request threads debating. I cant even read it all NEmore...
A balancing of cargo prices weights etc. in partslist would do good enough for release, but people keep suggesting writing a universal economy dynamic thats not practical right now.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

One of those threads the theory one is for post release.But Xit's initial post is starting to reach a consensuses :D now to get some commits to svn :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

I really like the Lama

Post by whatch1 »

I still miss the tractor though

When i play for fun is what i call a super Llama

Armour_6
Cap_10
Jump_ 1
OD_5
Reactor 9
Spec_cap 5
Sensor_9
Q_Shields_10
4 Micro_drivers
96 Dumbfires

Cost about 1,042,698.27 isk

This combo used to be a luddite wacking machine you could suck them in close absorb a few hits wait until the charge and blow them into chaff,
or you could run a decent light cargo somewhat safley in friendly space

my kingdom for a functioning cloak system, repair Droid, and an Ecm system that does more than attract attention(sp?).

Bill
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

About that mini quest

Post by whatch1 »

1 haul boxes arid planet
haul boxes to serenity
haul box
kill confed rep
get good boy talk or dont leave system warning

where does it go to from there ?

Ive run it a few steps before is there more?

Bill
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Not any more active ATM AFAIK. 8) We're working on it tho :wink: