Autopilot weirdness and seg faults (SVN)

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Jameson
Explorer
Explorer

Autopilot weirdness and seg faults (SVN)

Post by Jameson »

Not sure if this is in the bug list but thought I'd post it just in case.

I quite often get in a situation with autopilot where I'm not going anywhere as far as the visuals concerned, no gfx movement at all & no change in range to target, but the display is reading vast speeds (anything up to 1000C with huge SPEC factor). Not a big deal as it sorts itself out after a while or if I drop out of autopilot and maneuver manually for a bit.

Another issue is that after I start up my system the game runs windowed unless I go into vssetup and relesect 32bit fullscreen, save & exit first.

More of an issue is the number of seg faults I'm getting, usually when on a clean sweep or bounty mission and heading for a jump node. Latest one attached, looks like a data error (?) I can keep adding these to this thread everytime I get one if it's helpful.

Still having fun though, my new toy is a stock derivative with 2xhephaestus cannon and a MW laser, messes up some big ships in no time. Think I overdid some of the upgrades though as I've run out of space, Any advice on what level reactor, capacitance, shields, etc. work well together would be cool. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

I use the milspec package for derivative...i think the reactor is glitched, so uber power for ktek beams :wink:

I usually get the biggest reactor I can, same size shields and capacitor 12 or so...then the biggest radar that still fits+ecm+lots of shady mechanics.

The restart-> windowed mode may be b/c of a permissions error somewhere, at least thats what it sounds like to me.

Segfaults are beyond my level of expertise.

The absurdly high spec numbers are because the HUD displays speed x spec multiplier while the actual calculation is done with velocity and spec only multiplies the component of velocity in the direction your ship is facing. This is a bug, but should be fairly easy to fix, at least to my knowledge. Hope one of the devs gets around to it.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It's cosmetic so kinda low priority ATM The HUD number's that is

It starting in windowed mode is because it is using the config file in data4x not the one in .vegasrtike so open that folder and rename vegastrike.config.temp to vegastrike.config so it is the active one this will disappear when we release as it is a consequence of running everything in userland.

That seg fault looks to be coming from the dynamic news system which is why it only happens when you do something that will put you in the news i assume you where successful in those missions :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2