svn 11934 save file problems

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

svn 11934 save file problems

Post by whatch1 »

save file problems i save my game midmission when i restarted i have no mission and a hold full of frozen colonists
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

afaik saving missions has never been very reliable. Don't know why that is, but it could be a problem for developing a campaign if you can't save while you're doing a campaign mission or the whole story could get fragged :? 8) :) 8)
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

I'd support the ability to reliably save in the middle of a mission or campaign so long as it's guaranteed that you can't expect the same thing to happen each time you launch after a particular save ...

Just something to annoy the people who save constantly so they can redo mistakes ... Well, in this case, you'd never be able to rely on the fact that he same thing would happen again.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

its an interesting idea to defeat 'save/loading' but for story dependent missions it could cause some issues.
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

save game prb

Post by whatch1 »

Like it or not you have to eat and sleep some time

what's in the save file anyway it seems to be a complete listing of where i havent been and things i havent done

kinda backward i think these files are huge can some one tell me why?
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

The save file saves the state of the rest of the universe in terms of craft and factional ownership, which is being simulated (at a very coarse level) whether or not you visit said systems.

Those news stories you see about faction X invading system Y owned by faction Z are produced as a byproduct of what's actually happening, and the save game has to record where all of the fleets are, and which systems have been conquered, etc.
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

so where in this st...

Post by whatch1 »

so where in this string of spagetti code is the good stuff what upgrades i have my factional relationships what cargo i have where is it supposed to go etc it reads like money ship three dimenional location then into the state of the universe
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Your factional relations are near the end of the file :wink: your ship and it's upgrades are a separate file in the serialized_xml folder in an other folder named for your save

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

save file

Post by whatch1 »

thnx loki

vega currently crashing on load campain :( but will chec it out when i can play again see posts under triage :(