Possible savegame bug with new vegastrike.exe

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

I'm with you chuck

Post by whatch1 »

I had a three mission cargo run complted two of the three got blowed up going to the third quit the game reloaded and found all three cargos on board but no active missions on mission board. ?
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I recently (past month) made some changes to the save game code related to inconsistencies, and it is possible these changes are the source of these problems...

I don't think any of these changes should have caused problems, but I am not certain.

Anyway, has anyone seen this bug happen on missions *other* than cargo missions? (Patrol. bounty?)
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Okay, I have found the problems and fixed them.

The strange thing is that these bugs were added in January, so I don't know why we are just starting to see them... though I suppose it takes a while for these changes to trickle down to EXE's.

The actual problems were with the way it counted the number of active missions you had -- it was treating the first mission you accepted as the dummy "privateer" mission (an off by one error).

This will not be fixed in a Windows binary for a little while... Klauss just committed some awesome video file code (ffmpeg is amazing) but it needs some ifdef's added and/or windows libraries to be able to compile.