Seg fault on SVN: 11883

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Seg fault on SVN: 11883

Post by Coragem »

I was in a Aera system and got a bounty mission on Two Ox Ships. Not that i though i had any chance tho.

Well when i got to the Jump point i started firing the MW Lasers at it... i had this little impression they were not hitting cause they didnt fire back at me. and then when i changed from torpedoes to dumbfires. the game seg falted.

Is there anything else i could do to help you guys track down what caused this?
Screenshot from terminal output.

My System: Arch Linux x86_64 Bits CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 995 RAM: Kingston DDR2 800Mhz 8 GB GPU: Dual ATI Radeon HD 4830 512 MB Opensource ATI-Git Drivers. HD: SATA 500 Gb WindowManager: KDE4 Joystick: Thustmaster T.Flight Stick X USB
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce any crash.
Can you load it up in GDB? To use gdb, do:
gdb ./vegastrike
from the terminal.

When it gives you to the (gdb) prompt, type "run"
When it crashes with the Segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) do a "backtrace full" at the (gdb).

Did hit happen when you changed weapons? or when you fired them? Hmm... that's really strange, since the last thing on the output is indeed you changing weapons.
Actually, I see a "Loading starsystem" output... maybe that is what triggered it.
Really I have no idea without seeing GDB output.
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

As far as i remember i was firing while changing weapons, but i remember the game SegFaulted at the exact moment i selected the dumbfires.

My savegame is still at the same point i got this. I'll try to reproduce it running VS using gdb.

I'll post if i manage to get this again.
My System: Arch Linux x86_64 Bits CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 995 RAM: Kingston DDR2 800Mhz 8 GB GPU: Dual ATI Radeon HD 4830 512 MB Opensource ATI-Git Drivers. HD: SATA 500 Gb WindowManager: KDE4 Joystick: Thustmaster T.Flight Stick X USB