Atlantis Quest Mission bug

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Atlantis Quest Mission bug

Post by Coragem »

I have been playing for some time, and i went back to The starting planet to do the quests.

OK i did the cargo runs to benards star, back, to mining station . back to atlantis again

Talked to Luvicco got parcel, delivered to atlantis, did the Destroy Confed Ship quest.

And now i get this Deliver Cargo to Atlantis on my screen every time i load my savegame.

I did saved in atlantis and loaded i do get the victory song but as soon as i load the save again i get the mission there. Anyone knows what this might be?

Code: Select all

*** Python Warning 589!
Warning Traceback 589:
  File "Gasminenightshmrn.py", line 11, in ?
    None
  File "b/unit_lib.py", line 7, in MakeUnit
    dynamic_mission.CreateMissions()
  File "m/dynamic_mission.py", line 757, in CreateMissions
    news.processNews(plr)
  File "m/news.py", line 103, in processNews
    noos = dnewsman_.translateDynamicString(noos)
  File "m/dynamic_news.py", line 312, in translateDynamicString
    return self.translator.translateItem(item, varlist, self.dockedat_faction)
  File "m/dynamic_news.py", line 120, in translateItem
    self.item[i] = self.translateWord(self.item[i])
  File "m/dynamic_news.py", line 90, in translateWord
    return pre + self.formatText(self.lookupInfo(var, tagnopun)) + tag[len(tagnopun):]
  File "m/dynamic_news.py", line 67, in lookupInfo
    results = self.dynamic_data.getFactionData(self.vars[var]['faction'], tag)
  File "m/dynamic_news.py", line 154, in getFactionData
    debug.error("ERROR: FACTION LOOKUP ERROR faction %s variable %s" % (faction, variable))
Message: ERROR: FACTION LOOKUP ERROR faction andolian_citizen variable full

+++ m/campaign_lib.py:1549: *** Get the fixers to display!!!
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1505: there are 1 campagins
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1037: *** getting current node
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1052: *** read stuff from savegame
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1058: *** :-) ***
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1059: [0, 1, 1, 2, -2, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 2, -2, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, -2, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, -2, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0]
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:68: System: ['Crucible', 'Cardell']==?==['neverneverland', 'neverhere']
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:71: Cardell!=neverhere
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:72: *** insystem return false: not in system!!
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1067: *** no contingency!
<campaign_lib.CampaignNode instance at 0xaceb88ec>
[]
*** still no contingency
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1514: *** no active node for vega_strike_campaign
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1518: *** No node
 +++ m/campaign_lib.py:1531: []
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

['neverneverland', 'neverhere'] means that the campaign has ended. (probably because you lost a mission that you weren't supposed to)

Your campaign log shows:
[0, 1, 1, 2, -2, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 2, -2, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, -2, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, -2, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0]
Unfortunately I'm not so sure on the best way to read these strings. but this should show why you got stuck in the campaign.

The mission might just be active because it saves active missions in your savegame.
Another possibility: perhaps you are immediately failing the mission?
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

Ace,
The mission might just be active because it saves active missions in your savegame.
I tried aborting the mission and saving, and i did fly to atlantis dock, undock dock again, save with no active missions, but it still comes back.
Well, i MIGHT have saved the game during the mission so that might have caused the problem.
Another possibility, im not flying the Llamma.begin can that cause any issues?
Anyway i can "reset" my campaign status in my savegame so i can start over?
Or disable it so i dont get buged with it everytime i load?
i Might start a new game to do the campain but i did want to keep this one, for future play.
OBS. where can i buy a reedemer? cant seem to find it.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

I don't think anyone sells redeemers atm, although if your dying to get one, you could always hack your save file and create one for yourself. never tried one myself so if you do let me know how it is. 8)
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

Yeah, i know i could hack myself one... might do for testing purposes only. :)

For what i could see from the .cvs files, it should be buyable, the Redeemer seams very nice for its price (40000?), just the kind of ship i'd use in the beginning for Hunting Pirates and Luddites...

Correct me if i'm wrong it should be available at Pirate bases? but where are those?
2 medium capable weapon and 2 light - missile Mounts.
with 2 RFMW Laser and Dumbfires Respectable firepower to kill Hyenas and plowshares.

This just a comment... still wanna know about my campaign issue. any ideas :?:
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

You can reset your campaign.
Go to your saved game file. It will be in the ".vegastrike" folder, which is inside the Vega Strike folder under windows, and is a hidden folder in your home directory under mac or linux.

Then, proceed into "save" and open the saved game in a text editor.
Near the top (20 lines or so) there will be a long thing like:
vega_strike_campaign 30 0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 2.000000 ...

To start from scratch replace that whole line (and all 30 decimal numbers) with this line:
vega_strike_campaign 0
The "0" meaning that there is no progress in the campaign.

You can also do tricky things like take numbers off the end (like the last four 0's) until the game works again, decreasing that first integer by one each time.

Also, make sure to back up your saved game if you do this since it's easy to make a mistake.
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

Thx ace resarting the capaing did work i talked to Hauler again, and go to bernards star. saved and... when i load it again there it is, Active missions nothing.mission Deliver cargo to atlantis... -_- any ideas?

EDIT: i just started a new game and started the quests, before i went to talk to jerek for the last time (when he gives the credits) i saved the game. when i loaded it i got the Travel to Stirling in route to Bernards star. but i did finish that, and everytime i save now i still get the message.
It only worked out ok when i didnt save, but i died on the kill confed ship quest. So this second time i get this, on diferent machines, this second time on a windows machine.
Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?